Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brewer, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Emera turns that supercharger on this week, I might drive down again next Monday to see my mother for her bday.

If not, they're going to break my poor mother's heart!

Just sayin.
Once a green transformer is sitting on that concrete transformer vault, instead of the wooden board covering the slot, you can start getting your hopes up. But after it's delivered, the utility will still need to connect it, which occasionally means a scheduled/announced interruption of the neighborhood power supply, depending on the local infrastructure. Then Tesla will need to get their tech up there to certify and activate it. That final step took over a week for our nearest SC this month, at least in part because of the increased rate of site completions this month. I hope your mother's heart will recover from the disappointment!

• Informative
Reactions: 5YJSA
Once a green transformer is sitting on that concrete transformer vault, instead of the wooden board covering the slot, you can start getting your hopes up. But after it's delivered, the utility will still need to connect it, which occasionally means a scheduled/announced interruption of the neighborhood power supply, depending on the local infrastructure. Then Tesla will need to get their tech up there to certify and activate it. That final step took over a week for our nearest SC this month, at least in part because of the increased rate of site completions this month. I hope your mother's heart will recover from the disappointment!

Damn.

Amen to that.

I have learned from the counsel of those much more seasoned than myself. I also got to watch (from a respectful distance) an experienced tech finish up at the Lincoln City OR site. The visible telltale signs that the Tesla Bunny (Tesla Claus?) has finally passed through are two: (1) The screw holes for the cover on one side of each charging post will not only have all of their tamper-resistant screws installed, but will also be capped (adhesive patch on topside holes). (2) All of the charging posts will have their number/letter decals applied (1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, etc.) Those are a couple of the last things the tech will do before taking pictures of the site and notifying HQ that the site is switched on and ready.

• Informative
Reactions: 5YJSA and MP3Mike
Green transformer in place and humming.

20160824_164240.jpg

No change in the plastic-wrapped everything, however...

Today Tesla general support phone says it could be another month. Brewer town office is awaiting a request for inspection. It does appear ready to go, but I did not peak under the plastic to check for decals and safety covers.
IMG_0472.JPG IMG_0473.JPG

Today Tesla general support phone says it could be another month. Brewer town office is awaiting a request for inspection. It does appear ready to go, but I did not peak under the plastic to check for decals and safety covers.
View attachment 191539 View attachment 191540
The stickers will be applied by the Tesla tech on the day he/she comes to certify the site and switch it on. The tech will also install the remaining cover screws and cap them. The site usually shows up on Nav the following day.

Since the tech needs a car to test the chargers, they pick up a test drive car from a Tesla store and drive it to the site. The tech I chatted with briefly had to use RV park charging to get to some sites on I-90 in Montana. My guess is that the tech for this site will drive up from Boston.

The stickers will be applied by the Tesla tech on the day he/she comes to certify the site and switch it on. The tech will also install the remaining cover screws and cap them. The site usually shows up on Nav the following day.

Since the tech needs a car to test the chargers, they pick up a test drive car from a Tesla store and drive it to the site. The tech I chatted with briefly had to use RV park charging to get to some sites on I-90 in Montana. My guess is that the tech for this site will drive up from Boston.

Tell them I will meet them at the charger in my Model S!

• Funny
Reactions: Chuq
This would have been really useful for my Nova Scotia to Montreal trip yesterday. Used the CHAdeMO at Darling's but it overheated every 10 mins and needed 10 mins to cool down ... it was a warm day (even at 5pm) and in full sun. Wish Brewer SC would be opened by end of this week for the return trip!

I hear you. I came through today (Toronto to Moncton). Darling's CHAdeMO would not work at all. (I think my borrowed adapter was not working.)

Grrrr. Had to sit in st Stephen for 2.5 hours to get enough charge to get to Moncton.

I noticed these interesting stickers in the backs of two of the four chargers. They say "leaking charger". Weird?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    364 KB · Views: 79
I hear you. I came through today (Toronto to Moncton). Darling's CHAdeMO would not work at all. (I think my borrowed adapter was not working.)

Grrrr. Had to sit in st Stephen for 2.5 hours to get enough charge to get to Moncton.

I noticed these interesting stickers in the backs of two of the four chargers. They say "leaking charger". Weird?

For context this shot shows where those stickers are.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    641.5 KB · Views: 79
I stopped at the Augusta supercharger tonight.

I can confirm that a tesla tech is in the state of Maine, because I saw him with my own eyes as he did maintenance on the Augusta chargers.

He was a nice guy but could not give me any information about if or when he or anyone else would go to Brewer. It was clear to me that he is not allowed to discuss anything supercharger related that isn't already public knowledge.

But he is not local to Maine. I think it is sensible to assume that tesla would not send him to Augusta but NOT send him 100 miles up the road to do the commissioning that Brewer needs.

My guess -- and I stress that his is my hunch only, because he did not tell me anything about when Brewer would be visited -- is that he will go to Brewer and turn it on any day. Maybe tomorrow.

That guess is dependent on my belief that Brewer is waiting only on tesla now. If there are more city or state inspections needed, I could be wrong.