Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brewer, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When will Brewer show up on the tesla maps?
After it appears on the Tesla map. Tesla asked PlugShare not to list sites before they do. Although the SC is Tesla property I do not agree that a crowd sourced database should comply with such a request, but that is just my opinion.

I still plan to be there tonight at 5p, my first ever visit to a Ruby Tuesdays, and put the wings up for an hour.

After it appears on the Tesla map. Tesla asked PlugShare not to list sites before they do. Although the SC is Tesla property I do not agree that a crowd sourced database should comply with such a request, but that is just my opinion.

I still plan to be there tonight at 5p, my first ever visit to a Ruby Tuesdays, and put the wings up for an hour.

I haven't checked my car today, but it seems odd. The Parry Sound SC went live last Friday and it is on Tesla's maps (in car apparently and on the Tesla web site). But Brewer still is not.

We know the Brewer site was working on September 1, the day before Parry Sound, but for some reason it is still not on their maps.

Before the Brewer supercharger opened I charged at darling's Nissan and drove there to st Stephen NB on route 9, charged at the free 70 amp level 2 charger at the old provincial visitors center downtown (the charger is still there) then on to Moncton NB. My mother lives there so I charged at her house before heading to NS to see my father. But there is also a free 70 amp level 2 charger at the chateau Beausejour in Moncton. There is a CHAdeMO in Truro but I didn't need it.
Merci 5YJSA

EVTripping does have it now, and so does the car.
EVTripPlanner uses Open Charge Map, so I added it there. Still may take a while. They get their info from EERE: Alternative Fuels Data Center Home Page so I added it there, too.

Why isn't charger XXX isn't on EVTripPlanner?

EVTripPlanner gathers chargers from other sources, such as Tesla, Open Charge Map, and the Department of Energy. If a charger is not present, you can add it to the Open Charge Map database, but it may take a month or so to show up in EVTripPlanner because the database is updated infrequently.

There is a very conspicuous red dot at that location on the Tesla 2016 supercharger build out map and it is a logical location for travelers from Maine to the Maritimes as well as to/ from Quebec and NB - however there is no news. It is unclear whether the dot is in Houlton on the USA side or Woodstock on the Canada side of the border. Tesla is obviously aware that it is a critical location for many owners, and there seems to be no shortage of real estate you could put a SC on, but so far nothing at all has been spotted. No permits, no nothing.

You may want to follow this non-event (so far) on the Canadian Eastern Superchargers thread.

Eastern Canada Superchargers

I've been driving my MS from CT to ME for over 3 years. Auburn was the most impactful (used HPWC at Natick before that), and Seabrook was a nice help. Just went to Mount Desert Island in December - Brewer was very nicely situated for that.

I hear the calls for Houlton (or even Jackman or Calais) to open up more of Maine, but am very thankful that the coast and MDI are fully enabled. Several destination chargers and other public chargers along the coast as well.

I don't see any chargers on Plugshare in Houlton - a couple in Woodstock. Perhaps people that are familiar with Houlton could find a business that would be willing to put in a destination charger - Tesla has very good support (including financial) for doing this. Maybe a hotel or shopping plaza?

Reactions: rypalmer
I don't think there are any "promised" Superchargers anywhere. They are planned Superchargers. (Under the map it says: "The map above is a representation of the corridors we plan to enable and the timing thereof. Exact locations and timing may vary.")

Yes, as you highlighted, "Exact locations and timing may vary".

However, for the map to have any meaning, a Supercharger should be built in the general area no more than a year or two after the target date.

In the case of Woodstock, NB/Houlton, ME, the "2016 dot" which was present for almost two years has been removed and has been replaced by absolutely nothing in a radius of over 400 miles. This is not a case of slight variation in location and timing. It's Lucy yanking the ball away from Charlie Brown.