Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brewer, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
Tesla Supercharger network

Gwgan posted firm information that a Supercharger will be placed at the Ruby Tuesday in Brewer. For PWA, Brewer is the city across the river from Bangor. For PWA still drawing a blank, you just need to know that this provide an alternative route to or from Bar Harbor, allowing faster driving, or more driving on Mount Desert Island, since the site is only 44 miles away from Bar Harbor.

5 Walton Dr, Brewer, ME 04412

That address is around a mile from the US1A spur's entrance to the I-395 spur. Not so good for those heading north on I-95, but it wasn't likely they'd get a site good for both.

Interstates: I-95 (in a pinch)
US Number Highways (<=5mi): US-1A (Eastern spur).

I-95:
To: End (Houlton, ME at border with NB) - 127 miles
Diversion: 10.4 miles (That's what I mean by "in a pinch".)

US-1A:
To: Bar Harbor, ME (pier) (US-1A, us-1, ME-3) - 43.7 miles
To: Lubec, ME (border) (US-1A, ME-9, ME-192, US-1, ME-189) - 112 miles
To: Calais*, ME (downtown, US-1) (US-1A, ME-9, US-1) 94.3 miles

Really opens up Downeast Maine and should make trips to/from the Maritimes much easier.
It's 197 miles from Seabrook via I-95, which would warrant a stop in Augusta** for many taking I-95/I-295, but it's 210 miles from Seabrook, NH to Brewer taking a more leisurely drive along US-1, which should be doable for many in good conditions.

* This is Maine, therefore it's not pronounced like Calais, France, but more like Callous, Misanthrope. (/ˈkælᵻs/)
** The Augusta, ME Supercharger is actually also pretty close to a Ruby Tuesday, if anyone wants to walk the extra hundred yards past the Red Robin...

• Informative
Reactions: linkster
Does this mean anything? Corner parking lot at RT.
image.jpeg
BNAT Gas, Bangor Natural Gas?
BWD, Bangor Water District?
EM, Emera (local electric utility)
Others?

Last edited:
I overnighted in Bangor en route from Toronto to PEI on the weekend. Darling Nissan in Bangor provides a free CHAdeMO charger and I got a max rate of 37kW on my new 70D - awesome considering I needed 100% SOC and it was tapering anyway. It's only 80 miles closer to the Maritimes than the Augusta ME Supercharger, but it all helps.

I overnighted in Bangor en route from Toronto to PEI on the weekend. Darling Nissan in Bangor provides a free CHAdeMO charger and I got a max rate of 37kW on my new 70D - awesome considering I needed 100% SOC and it was tapering anyway. It's only 80 miles closer to the Maritimes than the Augusta ME Supercharger, but it all helps.

Sorry, can you clarify? (Because I'm planning a trip to NB/NS in August and trying to figure out the problem that is Maine/NB.)

Does Darling Nissan provide a CHAdeMO Tesla adapter?

Or do you need to bring your own?

BTW, Brewer, ME just got a permit for a supercharger today so Darling Nissan won't need to host Teslas for much longer (hopefully).

Thanks!

Reactions: Gwgan
Tesla Supercharger network

Gwgan posted firm information that a Supercharger will be placed at the Ruby Tuesday in Brewer. For PWA, Brewer is the city across the river from Bangor. For PWA still drawing a blank, you just need to know that this provide an alternative route to or from Bar Harbor, allowing faster driving, or more driving on Mount Desert Island, since the site is only 44 miles away from Bar Harbor.

5 Walton Dr, Brewer, ME 04412

That address is around a mile from the US1A spur's entrance to the I-395 spur. Not so good for those heading north on I-95, but it wasn't likely they'd get a site good for both.

They moved to "permit" status today in Brewer!

Reactions: Gwgan
Sorry, can you clarify? (Because I'm planning a trip to NB/NS in August and trying to figure out the problem that is Maine/NB.)

Does Darling Nissan provide a CHAdeMO Tesla adapter?

Or do you need to bring your own?

BTW, Brewer, ME just got a permit for a supercharger today so Darling Nissan won't need to host Teslas for much longer (hopefully).

Thanks!

I also overnighted in Bangor enroute from Charleston, SC to Saint John, NB. You need your OWN Chademo adapter. They allow us to charge there at no cost, which is pretty amazing actually.

Now when this goes online, I will be able to get to SJ, NB easily. Wish it was there now though for my trip home in three weeks!

There are some HPWC's available in NB, as well as some SunCountry higher amperage chargers. Plugshare shows all of these.

I live about the same distance from St. Stephens, NB as the Brewer SC and drove there last week. Startied with 94% of a 90kWh X, driving through very heavy rain, arrived in St. Andrews with about 18% left. Returned with a detour to Eastport, and drove along RT 1 in nicer but warmer weather, started at 99% and arrived home with 26%. This time of year Brewer to St John should be possible in a 90, there are a few chargers along the way once in Canada if you need a few extra miles.

I live about the same distance from St. Stephens, NB as the Brewer SC and drove there last week. Startied with 94% of a 90kWh X, driving through very heavy rain, arrived in St. Andrews with about 18% left. Returned with a detour to Eastport, and drove along RT 1 in nicer but warmer weather, started at 99% and arrived home with 26%. This time of year Brewer to St John should be possible in a 90, there are a few chargers along the way once in Canada if you need a few extra miles.

Thanks.

I'm just whining, really. I know you can get through Maine and NB, it's just that the relatively slow charging situation will likely slow me down to a crawl.

But if Brewer comes online before mid-August when I go, that would solve my problem. Even in my 75D, if I keep the speed down, I should be able to drive from Brewer (after a full charge) to Moncton, NB. Once there, I'll charge at family's homes and stay the night.

Great news. Just 48 miles to Bar Harbor instead of the 111 or so to Augusta.

There are HPWCs at Bar Harbor at a couple of very nice properties. However, be aware if you are not a guest, they'll ask for $35 or $40, respectively.

If you head down to the Seawall Motel in Southwest Harbor, they just--and I mean just, as in two weeks ago--installed two HPWCs on 100 amp circuits, plus a Clipper Creek with a J1772 connector. They're free & open to the public. I go there every fall, and last year I mentioned Tesla's Destination Charging program to Dave & Vickie, the innkeepers. They got really excited about the whole idea. And now they have three chargers available. As they just got them up & running, they'd love to have someone come by and use them.

If you head down to the Seawall Motel in Southwest Harbor, they just--and I mean just, as in two weeks ago--installed two HPWCs on 100 amp circuits, plus a Clipper Creek with a J1772 connector. They're free & open to the public. I go there every fall, and last year I mentioned Tesla's Destination Charging program to Dave & Vickie, the innkeepers. They got really excited about the whole idea. And now they have three chargers available. As they just got them up & running, they'd love to have someone come by and use them.

YAAY! I was just looking at the Seawall Motel on PlugShare earlier today. Yeah, it seams that the stations are so new as they are not yet posted on Tesla's Destination Site as of this afternoon. Thanks so much for successfully pitching them! I gave up on the Harborside Hotel & Marina last year. I had a nice meeting this Spring along with a few email exchanges with the manager at the Bar Harbor Grand Hotel - still waiting. I updated the charging outlets at the Seal Cove Auto museum (bring your Tesla UMC 6-15 or custom 6-20 adapter). So excited that Acadia is finally catching on!