Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bridgewater, NJ

Which location would you prefer?

• West - Off of 202 (Wegman's, Ruby Tuesday's)

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • East - Off of 287 (Bridgewater Promenade/WaWa)

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Central - Off of 202/28 (Bridgewater Mall, Barnes & Noble, Somerville Circle)

Votes: 25 52.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and only MS and MX. M3 apparently doesn't support CHademo at all.

Not sure what you mean by "support". I do not have M3, but why the Tesla's CHAdeMo adapter should not work for M3 (probably lack of software update?)? The model S/X also need this adapter.

On Edit: It must be the lack of software support for the CHAdeMo protocol on M3, because the adapter should plug right in.

Last edited:
Correct. CHAdeMO Adapter explicitly states

The Model S/X CHAdeMO Adapter is not currently supported by Model 3
Adopting the Chademo protocol also requires a license fee per car, and I suspect in an effort to cut costs Tesla decided they didn't want to pay it.

Personally I don't blame them — the super charger network continues to grow and the need for Chademo usage will dwindle with every passing year.

Reactions: preilly44
Thanks but no mention of Level 2 charging.
The L2 charging (if it's there) probably isn't being run directly by EA, but by a partner like ChargePoint. If the pricing follows that of similar partner L2 stations when Tesla installs a supercharger at a Target shopping center, then usually the first 2 hours are free during Target business hours. Hourly rate after the first two--or when Target is closed--varies.

• Informative
Reactions: DeepBlue3
I drove through yesterday. The black plastic and fences, trucks etc are all gone and it would appear to be a functioning site. Unfortunately none of the displays are powered up so seems there is more work to do. I found:

4 or 5 50 kw CCS plugs
1 Chademo 50 kw plug
1 Level 2 ~ 6000w plug (200-240v 30 amp)

The level 2 has a credit card slot on it so no chance that is free. I was also surprised to see the CCS plugs are only 50 kw. No brand labeling I could see.

I stopped by Bridgewater yesterday to see if the Electrify America chargers were live yet. They are not. They look completed but the meter is not connected - appears to have a loose electric cable hanging out of it. Here are some photos:

[/ATTACH]
IMG_2027.JPG
IMG_2028.JPG
IMG_2029.JPG
IMG_2030.JPG
IMG_2031.JPG
IMG_2032.JPG

I drove through yesterday. The black plastic and fences, trucks etc are all gone and it would appear to be a functioning site. Unfortunately none of the displays are powered up so seems there is more work to do. I found:

4 or 5 50 kw CCS plugs
1 Chademo 50 kw plug
1 Level 2 ~ 6000w plug (200-240v 30 amp)

The level 2 has a credit card slot on it so no chance that is free. I was also surprised to see the CCS plugs are only 50 kw. No brand labeling I could see.

I live in Branchburg, NJ & work in Bridgewater. I live in a condo on 3rd floor. HOA refuses to install a charger here. Work place also refuses. The nearest supercharger now is N. Brunswick easily 40min. Drive each way. I have a Model 3 that I bought in Dec. 2018. But had multiple surgeries right after getting the car. Now it is becoming too laborious to go to Brunswick every week to have it charged. Especially with my condition. I am seriously thinking to sell it off till charging technology catches up. Any suggestions for me?

I live in Branchburg, NJ & work in Bridgewater. I live in a condo on 3rd floor. HOA refuses to install a charger here. Work place also refuses. The nearest supercharger now is N. Brunswick easily 40min. Drive each way. I have a Model 3 that I bought in Dec. 2018. But had multiple surgeries right after getting the car. Now it is becoming too laborious to go to Brunswick every week to have it charged. Especially with my condition. I am seriously thinking to sell it off till charging technology catches up. Any suggestions for me?

Can you charge at rvcc?