Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bridgewater, NJ

Which location would you prefer?

• West - Off of 202 (Wegman's, Ruby Tuesday's)

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • East - Off of 287 (Bridgewater Promenade/WaWa)

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Central - Off of 202/28 (Bridgewater Mall, Barnes & Noble, Somerville Circle)

Votes: 25 52.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Branchburg, NJ & work in Bridgewater. I live in a condo on 3rd floor. HOA refuses to install a charger here. Work place also refuses. The nearest supercharger now is N. Brunswick easily 40min. Drive each way. I have a Model 3 that I bought in Dec. 2018. But had multiple surgeries right after getting the car. Now it is becoming too laborious to go to Brunswick every week to have it charged. Especially with my condition. I am seriously thinking to sell it off till charging technology catches up. Any suggestions for me?

Download plugshare and look at what the closest charging stations are. Some of them are level 1 chargers but you may find level 2 chargers hopefully near you.

Surabhis; there is a free charger at Raritan Valley Community College. It's slow so would require someone give you a ride to pick up/drop off. There are Tesla chargers in Basking Ridge section of Bernards Twp; a Supercharger site is currently under construction off Exit 36 of I-78 in Bernards Twp; there are pay chargers at Ethicon & J&J facilities in Bridgewater along with several at car dealerships; there are pay chargers at the Target store, Bridgewater. You do have choices especially in your work commute is Branchburg to Bridgewater. I too live in Branchburg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
I live in Branchburg, NJ & work in Bridgewater. I live in a condo on 3rd floor. HOA refuses to install a charger here. Work place also refuses. The nearest supercharger now is N. Brunswick easily 40min. Drive each way. I have a Model 3 that I bought in Dec. 2018. But had multiple surgeries right after getting the car. Now it is becoming too laborious to go to Brunswick every week to have it charged. Especially with my condition. I am seriously thinking to sell it off till charging technology catches up. Any suggestions for me?
I'm guessing that means your commute is relatively short, so I suggest you consider trying to find a regular 120V outlet at home or at work. Spending 8 hours plugged in to 120V can add 25-40 miles to your battery. Even if the HOA and workplace refuse to install chargers, you can ask them if you'd be allowed to use any regular outdoor 120V outlets that are reasonably close to where you park. My personal experience (mostly limited to hotels in that area) is I have better luck when I ask in person rather than via phone or email.

If 120V at home or work isn't an option, then in addition to RVCC, the Bridgewater Nissan dealer on 22 has allowed non-Nissans to charge in the past. At some point the Basking Ridge supercharger will open, and there are also charging stations being installed at the Target near Bound Brook. Also note that if you create an account on PlugShare.com you'll be able to see residential charging locations; there are a few in Branchburg and Hillsborough.

Even though the distance might be greater, if you go during off hours you might be better off driving to the Edison or Woodbridge superchargers rather than North Brunswick -- it should take less than 25 minutes each way, and you could combine the trip with a stop at the mall and/or some place like Harold's.

I agree none of that is ideal -- that part of NJ hasn't been great for people who can't charge their EVs at home or work -- but you do have some options.

If you wait a little the Supercharger on I-78 in Basking Ridge will be done. They are in the middle of construction and will probably finish in 2-3 months. They are working pretty fast over there on it.

There are 4 level-2 ChargePoint stations at RVCC in Branchburg as well. If you work live in Branchburg and work in Bridgewater your commute is pretty small. Even a home charger 120v can get you about 40-50 miles of charge in one night.

JSergeant/Neighbor, I'm moving to Readington once I get zoning approval on a lot I purchased. After completing my taxes this year, I should be moving anywhere but NJ. The Somerville circle reconstruction was brilliant, the Flemington circle not so brilliant. I rarely pass the intersection you noted.

I've not checked details as to what rates, cost, adapters. Target next to Patriot Stadium in Bridgewater has chargers. There's also chargers at Duke Farms. Each are pay per use.

Gotcha, but not Tesla chargers. Bridgewater Mall is a no brainier for Tesla chargers. Basking Ridge is making progress it looks like, i would assume that Bridgewater would be next. Anyone have any details on that?

I don't think there will be a supercharger in Bridgewater. The supercharger maps on tesla.com still show a Bridgwater location opening in 2019 and "timing and location will vary". The same site doesn't even show anything for Basking Ridge, which we know is already in construction.

It seems very likely to me that the Basking Ridge Supercharger will end up being the one that Tesla identified as being in the "Bridgewater vicinity" a few years ago.

I don't think there will be a supercharger in Bridgewater. The supercharger maps on tesla.com still show a Bridgwater location opening in 2019 and "timing and location will vary". The same site doesn't even show anything for Basking Ridge, which we know is already in construction.

It seems very likely to me that the Basking Ridge Supercharger will end up being the one that Tesla identified as being in the "Bridgewater vicinity" a few years ago.

Makes sense, maybe we will get lucky and have one at bridgewater mall.

Reactions: preilly44
upload_2019-5-26_20-38-52.jpeg

This is the picture of the Basking Ridge supercharger taken yesterday

Last night I noticed an area over at the Mall near Macy's an area that is fenced off and there is a large drop off metal container inside the perimeter. On the fence there is a sign that the area is under surveillance.

I don't know what is going on there but that would be a good place for the Superchargers. It's over near the Men's section and few people park over there.

• Informative
Reactions: DeepBlue3
Last night I noticed an area over at the Mall near Macy's an area that is fenced off and there is a large drop off metal container inside the perimeter. On the fence there is a sign that the area is under surveillance.

I don't know what is going on there but that would be a good place for the Superchargers. It's over near the Men's section and few people park over there.

I saw that as well, the fenced in area seems similar in size as the menlo park mall stations. Maybe we're getting superchargers after all.

Reactions: preilly44