Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bridgewater, NJ

Which location would you prefer?

• West - Off of 202 (Wegman's, Ruby Tuesday's)

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • East - Off of 287 (Bridgewater Promenade/WaWa)

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Central - Off of 202/28 (Bridgewater Mall, Barnes & Noble, Somerville Circle)

Votes: 25 52.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know a couple of people at Quick Check corporate and asked them directly if the Super Charger will be installed at their new location in Bridgewater and I got no response. As you can imagine this has become very competitive with Wawa currently winning the race. The no response to my question meant yes to me. We shall see!
Wawa has Superchargers? Any locations you know of? I prefer Wawa but of course go a bit north in NJ and they don't exist.

Kind of nuts we cant find a permit record for this yet. Guess 2018 is not happening.

If we're talking about 287 access, Bridgewater Promenade is a whole lot easier for North and Southbound than the new shopping center over at Chimney Rock. The easiest way to that Chimney shopping center from North or Southbound is to drive past the Bridgewater Promenade Shopping Center. (Holy crap, there is a LOT of shopping centers in that area!)

Wawa has Superchargers? Any locations you know of? I prefer Wawa but of course go a bit north in NJ and they don't exist.
The Woodbridge NJ supercharger is at a Wawa too (and next to Aldi). I was in NYC with my family in early August and we stopped there on our way into the city. Busy but no problems.

The only downside of charging at Wawa is if you want to coordinate it with a meal, most of them (at least those I've seen) don't have any place to sit and eat. We ate in our car when we stopped there, which I normally discourage.

Whole foods in bridgewater says they have no plans to have chargers installed, wonder if Bridgewater Mall will have them since Melno Park has them. Anyone know?

Menlo is owned by Simon Malls, which has or planned for SCs and showrooms at several locations. In other non Tesla locations, they have chadmeo or ccs chargers. So they are quite supportive of it. But Bridgewater Mall is not owned by Simon Malls.

Doesn’t mean it won’t happen, but I wouldn’t make that connection.

The closest to Bridgewater minutes regarding EV chargers is for the new Wawa sprouting up on 202 across from Wegmans. I’ll see if I can dig it up, but it was discussed during one of the planning meetings for that location.

Reactions: Santa Claws
Anyone have any updates on the bridgewater supercharger? i drove around the mall and didnt see any construction. I hope they do end up putting it there.

Based on meeting minutes search, he's the only thing I can find. I don't see any references to any other electric charging, supercharger or not.

The estimated $12,000 + $10,000 in grant money seems excessive for L2 chargers, but not enough for Superchargers. But the fact that they're referencing "Dual Port" gives me the impression they're chargepoint type chargers. They're going into the Municiple Complex.

http://www.bridgewaternj.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/18-09-17-240-thru-18-09-17-254.pdf
"PURCHASE/INSTALLATION OF TWO (2) DUAL PORT ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STATIONS"

• Informative
Reactions: thisisdiddy
Based on meeting minutes search, he's the only thing I can find. I don't see any references to any other electric charging, supercharger or not.

The estimated $12,000 + $10,000 in grant money seems excessive for L2 chargers, but not enough for Superchargers. But the fact that they're referencing "Dual Port" gives me the impression they're chargepoint type chargers. They're going into the Municiple Complex.

http://www.bridgewaternj.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/18-09-17-240-thru-18-09-17-254.pdf
"PURCHASE/INSTALLATION OF TWO (2) DUAL PORT ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STATIONS"
Huh. I was wondering when and if they'd get around to applying for one of those Drive Green NJ grants. If I got it right, those are funded by NJ and PSE&G. Also interesting is that the next Resolution after that was to approve submitting another grant request to another source (THE GARDINIER ENVIRONMENTAL FUND) for another 2 dual port EVSEs. Odds are, they're looking to hedge their bets and I'd guess they'll go for the ClipperCreek gear. Given the pricing on the EVSE gear, the bulk of those grants looks to be for installation costs (by different contractors, or at different locations in the lot?).

These arenot superchargers.

Huh. I was wondering when and if they'd get around to applying for one of those Drive Green NJ grants. If I got it right, those are funded by NJ and PSE&G. Also interesting is that the next Resolution after that was to approve submitting another grant request to another source (THE GARDINIER ENVIRONMENTAL FUND) for another 2 dual port EVSEs. Odds are, they're looking to hedge their bets and I'd guess they'll go for the ClipperCreek gear. Given the pricing on the EVSE gear, the bulk of those grants looks to be for installation costs (by different contractors, or at different locations in the lot?).

These arenot superchargers.

That's exactly right. Nothing about that gives me the impression that they're SC's by Tesla. Rather taking advantage of the grants. But it may be a move in the right direction to sway municiple members about EV in general as the proposal may be hung up otherwise; although I haven't seen a proposal at all in that area.

As an addition or alternative? Do you have a source? I think that would be odd with the one in Bernard’s that services the 78 area. I would think 287/202/22 would make more sense.

Since it’s the 25th...Merry Christmas!
Sorry, I meant Basking Ridge, where a permit has been filed but construction has not started. This location was not indicated on the Tesla site but Bridgewater had been so the speculation was that Basking Ridge was the site.

It looks like the Basking Ridge site is no longer on the updated 2019 Tesla SC map. I hope I'm wrong.

Wrong thread? Bridge water still shows as targeting 2019.
6C2A6D11-CB56-483B-97BD-DD4A2312764A.png