Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brinkley, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No pictures yet. Driving west on I-40 said to my son “Keep your eyes open, Tesla is supposed to be building chargers right near this exit. It should be in the parking lot of a nice restaurant or hotel.”

Low and behold, as we passed the exit for Forrest city, on the right there’s a holiday in express, with at least 8 Tesla Superchatgers almost completed, workers at them now. Too late to pull over and get pictures. Will stop by on Sunday.

No pictures yet. Driving west on I-40 said to my son “Keep your eyes open, Tesla is supposed to be building chargers right near this exit. It should be in the parking lot of a nice restaurant or hotel.”

Low and behold, as we passed the exit for Forrest city, on the right there’s a holiday in express, with at least 8 Tesla Superchatgers almost completed, workers at them now. Too late to pull over and get pictures. Will stop by on Sunday.
Attention, @BlueShift!

Reactions: Chuq
There haven't been as many Superchargers at hotels this year as previous years, but I guess the Midwest can be slim pickings.

Still, this is awesome.

Supercharger - Forrest City, AR

Interstates: I-40
US Numbered Highways: US-63*, US-70

To: Memphis, TN - 61.6 miles
Diversion: 1.6 miles
To: Jackson, TN - 129 miles

To: Miner, MO (I-40, I-55): 173 miles
To: Grenada, MS (I-40, I-55): 142 miles
To: Little Rock, AR (I-40, I-30): 102 miles

So, while it just makes a little dent the I-40 gap between Oklahoma City, OK to Memphis, TN gap, it seems to be a big deal for a few reasons.
- It's progress on I-40! The Great Southeastern Hole is being filled.
- It will allow people traveling I-40 to avoid a significant diversion in Memphis, TN (7.1 miles, 13 minutes)
- I-30-I-40 will be easier

* Concurrent with I-40.

Reactions: TexasDuke
Nada......Nothing. Kind of hard to even see the Holiday Inn Express from I40. Drove around all the hotels at the exit and nothing at them either.

Attachments

• 20180714_080406.jpg
    20180714_080406.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 210
  • Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Nada......Nothing. Kind of hard to even see the Holiday Inn Express from I40. Drove around all the hotels at the exit and nothing at them either.

OK, first, let's assume CSFTN wasn't hallucinating.
Let's also assume that you didn't miss anything at the hotels.

Maybe CSFTN just got the location wrong.

According to Street View there's an empty area across the road from the Holiday Inn Express. Old paving on it, and no parking signs. Should have been obvious to you f there was construction on it though.

Again, west on I-40 Street Shows a clear view of North Washington St and on the eastern side there's Shell station and Popeye's. I think you'd have been likely to have noticed construction there as well. I note that Street View shows a bunch of white, square bollards with red flowers. At a tired traveler flash I guess they could be mistaken for Tesla Superchargers, especially if there are people working on the flowers.

Sorry for your wasted time.

OK, first, let's assume CSFTN wasn't hallucinating.
Let's also assume that you didn't miss anything at the hotels.

Maybe CSFTN just got the location wrong.

According to Street View there's an empty area across the road from the Holiday Inn Express. Old paving on it, and no parking signs. Should have been obvious to you f there was construction on it though.

Again, west on I-40 Street Shows a clear view of North Washington St and on the eastern side there's Shell station and Popeye's. I think you'd have been likely to have noticed construction there as well. I note that Street View shows a bunch of white, square bollards with red flowers. At a tired traveler flash I guess they could be mistaken for Tesla Superchargers, especially if there are people working on the flowers.

Sorry for your wasted time.
Checked all over the Holiday Inn and the gas station and four hotels that are on the east side of Washington St. The pic I took was abeam that new paved area but on the entrance ramp to I40.

Sorry all ... it was a mirage. I’m here now. The parking lot in this corner is painted red on all the curbs, and there are 8 pillars on a fence surrounding a few lounge chairs, all of which are topped with a whIte globe light. Red, white, and posts. No Superchargers. Will ask the mods to delete this thread.

• Funny
Reactions: PStewart
I was getting excited. I drove this route from Nashville to Dallas last month for my niece’s wedding. I had stopped in Jackson and would have rather skipped Memphis. Forrest City would have been perfect. Approaching Little Rock from the East on I-40 or from the West on I-30, you pretty much have to range charge before you begin those legs (Little Rock is a stopover with a surprising number of hotels with HPWCs).

Keep watching. Did anyone let @BlueShift know that Forrest City was a false alarm?