Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brinkley, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am the OP of this erroneous thread. I agree with Imola, but suggest we wait until there is construction in Brinkley and none in Forrest City.

Agreed. Tesla's map says Brinkley is coming online "Q1 2021." It also says this for VanBuren which is basically done. Anyone in the area or passing by soon want to peek around in Brinkley? I realize we still have 9 weeks left in Q1, but surely they've broken ground.

Found this on Brinkley's Tesla Supercharging Station almost ready for business. Is this sufficient information to put a construction cone for Brinkley, AR supercharger?

Brinkley's Tesla Supercharging Station almost ready for business

January 21, 2021

PreviousNext
The crew working on the Tesla Super Charging Station in Brinkley worked rapidly and now the station is completed and almost ready for business. The final stages with permits and other paperwork is all that is left to do before opening.. Construction took less than a week and now there are 8 individual charging stations, one of which is positioned for access from the side of a vehicle. Owned by Steve Edwards, the station is due to open for business very soon.

Interstate 40 is one of the most traveled highways in the United States, particularly through Arkansas and Tennessee. There were an estimated 1.6 million electric vehicles one the road in the US as of August 2020. In a recent report, Bloomberg New Energy Finance estimates that electric vehicles (EVs) will hit 10% of global passenger vehicle sales in 2025, with that number rising to 28% in 2030 and 58% in 2040. While internal combustion engines far outnumber the newer EVs, the potential for growth is evident and it's a sure bet that we will see more and more charging stations such as this new one in Brinkley.

What is a Supercharging Station?

An electric vehicle charging station is equipment that connects an electric vehicle to a source of electricity to recharge electric cars, neighborhood electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids. ... Level 2 stations charge through a 240V, AC plug and require home charging or public charging equipment to be installed.

Every electric vehicle on the road today is compatible with the U.S. standard Level 2 chargers, known in the industry as SAE J1772. That includes Tesla vehicles, which come with the brand's proprietary Supercharger connector. A Tesla owner just needs to use the adapter that came with their model to connect to a J1772 plug. For the non-Tesla driver, finding compatible public charging is easy. There are numerous apps and websites that allow you to find outlets—PlugShare, Open Charge Map, and ChargeHub, to name just three—and the best of the bunch will even tell you if the station is currently occupied or not.

Great find and thanks for posting the article! It's not otherwise viewable without signing up.

BTW, I reported the post to get the thread moved to the Southeast US forum which has threads for the individual supercharger locations and asked it to be merged with the one talking about a supercharger in Forrest City, which is where Tesla's pin for a location in this area had been prior to their recent map update.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: corywright
Found this on Brinkley's Tesla Supercharging Station almost ready for business. Is this sufficient information to put a construction cone for Brinkley, AR supercharger?

Brinkley's Tesla Supercharging Station almost ready for business

January 21, 2021

PreviousNext
The crew working on the Tesla Super Charging Station in Brinkley worked rapidly and now the station is completed and almost ready for business. The final stages with permits and other paperwork is all that is left to do before opening.. Construction took less than a week and now there are 8 individual charging stations, one of which is positioned for access from the side of a vehicle. Owned by Steve Edwards, the station is due to open for business very soon.

Interstate 40 is one of the most traveled highways in the United States, particularly through Arkansas and Tennessee. There were an estimated 1.6 million electric vehicles one the road in the US as of August 2020. In a recent report, Bloomberg New Energy Finance estimates that electric vehicles (EVs) will hit 10% of global passenger vehicle sales in 2025, with that number rising to 28% in 2030 and 58% in 2040. While internal combustion engines far outnumber the newer EVs, the potential for growth is evident and it's a sure bet that we will see more and more charging stations such as this new one in Brinkley.

What is a Supercharging Station?

An electric vehicle charging station is equipment that connects an electric vehicle to a source of electricity to recharge electric cars, neighborhood electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids. ... Level 2 stations charge through a 240V, AC plug and require home charging or public charging equipment to be installed.

Every electric vehicle on the road today is compatible with the U.S. standard Level 2 chargers, known in the industry as SAE J1772. That includes Tesla vehicles, which come with the brand's proprietary Supercharger connector. A Tesla owner just needs to use the adapter that came with their model to connect to a J1772 plug. For the non-Tesla driver, finding compatible public charging is easy. There are numerous apps and websites that allow you to find outlets—PlugShare, Open Charge Map, and ChargeHub, to name just three—and the best of the bunch will even tell you if the station is currently occupied or not.

Great find, bad article.

SuperCharger oened by someone other then Tesla?
SuperCharging station and talk about it as a generic charging station rather than a Tesla specific station.
Also sort of makes it sound like finding a charger for a Tesla is difficult and for a non Tesla is easy.

This does improve the trip from Chicago, St. Louis, etc. 195 miles from Sikeston, MO to this SC. Could be a bit tight with our 2015 85D. We have done that many miles before with her on a roadtrip, but it has been a few years. Sure would be nice to have a SC in West Memphis and/or Blythesville (says 2022).

Reactions: TM3blu
Brinkley, AR

Along Primary Interstates: I-40
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-49, US-63, US-70
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-40

To: Memphis, TN - 86.5 miles
Diversion: 0.7 miles
To: Jackson, TN - 153.5 miles

To: Monroe, LA (US-425, US-79, AR-302, US-70, US-49) - 204.6 miles
To: Springfield, MO (I-40, US-65, I-44) - 275.8 miles
To: Osage Beach, MO (US-63, AR-226, US-67, US-63, MO-5, US-54) - 326 miles
To: Rolla, MO (US-63, AR-226, US-67, US-63) - 278.3 miles
To: Miner, MO (I-40, I-55) - 195.5 miles
To: Kuttawa, KY (I-40, I-55, I-155, US-51, Purchase Parkway/I-69) - 280.1 miles

When this Supercharger and Van Buren, AR are open, the largest gaps on I-40 will finally drop below 200 miles, which will make traveling I-40 across Oklahoma and Arkansas a lot easier, although Henyretta, OK and Conway, AR are still needed to reduce the remaining large gaps, and West Memphis, AR would both help eliminate diversions in Memphis, TN for both I-40 and I-55.

Bonus, it's also on 3 US Numbered Highways, so helps to make more secondary connections.