Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brinkley, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brinkley open and working!

Attachments

• 73BC2633-E75A-4E37-8F80-B03BDBA1CB81.jpeg
    73BC2633-E75A-4E37-8F80-B03BDBA1CB81.jpeg
    569 KB · Views: 83
Cool! What kind of charging rate did you
Started out at over 200 miles per hour, but slower, then a little faster. It put on miles per my navigation to Tupelo very quickly, but I had just put on miles to Memphis in LR. We left when 10% surplus to Tupelo showed on screen. On the way to Mem, we got the dreaded “Drive under 70 to reach your destination “.
We decided to make the Mem stop.
Coming back will be the test.
I’ll try only making one charging stop.
My car is a P85, and to the top has been running 253-255 miles.

Reactions: LoudMusic
Found the answer:
July 2020
Tesla has updated the specifications for the Model S and Model X to include a maximum Supercharging rate of 250 kW or a charge rate of 1,000 miles per hour.

The update made to the Model S and Model X website aligns the charging capabilities of its flagship vehicles with that of the Model 3 and Model Y. Although Tesla recently increased the Supercharging rate of Model S and Model X from 200 kW to 225 kW as part of the 2020.24.6 software update, prior to this, Model 3 and Model Y were the only vehicles in the company’s lineup that could take advantage of the higher 250 kW power output from Tesla’s V3 Superchargers.

Found the answer:
July 2020
Tesla has updated the specifications for the Model S and Model X to include a maximum Supercharging rate of 250 kW or a charge rate of 1,000 miles per hour.

The update made to the Model S and Model X website aligns the charging capabilities of its flagship vehicles with that of the Model 3 and Model Y. Although Tesla recently increased the Supercharging rate of Model S and Model X from 200 kW to 225 kW as part of the 2020.24.6 software update, prior to this, Model 3 and Model Y were the only vehicles in the company’s lineup that could take advantage of the higher 250 kW power output from Tesla’s V3 Superchargers.
The actual quote from the second June 2020 link is:
According to the notes, Model S and Model X vehicles could charge at 225 kW peak rates when plugged into the company’s V3 Superchargers.
If you assume that the S gets 280 wH/mi, then the charge rate is around 800 miles per hour. If the charge curve is like older S's and X's, that rate will be present for just a minute or two, before tapering.

I stopped by the Brinkley SuperCharger today but couldn't get more than ~35Kw. Tried three different pedestals, and asked others charging there at the time. None of them were delivering more than 40kW?!? THAT is really disappointing. If I can't count on getting a decent charge here, and the Memphis Wolfchase isn't on line, I'll have to route around to south Memphis when I head to Cincinnati at the end of the month. 😩 I had REALLY hoped to be able to bypass that.

If anyone stops there and can report on the speed they get, I'd really appreciate it. Today may have been an anomaly, I'd like to know before my trip.

Thanks in advance. 🤞

I stopped by the Brinkley SuperCharger today but couldn't get more than ~35Kw. Tried three different pedestals, and asked others charging there at the time. None of them were delivering more than 40kW?!? THAT is really disappointing. If I can't count on getting a decent charge here, and the Memphis Wolfchase isn't on line, I'll have to route around to south Memphis when I head to Cincinnati at the end of the month. 😩 I had REALLY hoped to be able to bypass that.

If anyone stops there and can report on the speed they get, I'd really appreciate it. Today may have been an anomaly, I'd like to know before my trip.

Thanks in advance. 🤞
I was there in late June and it seemed fine. We needed to get to 90+% to make it to Miner, MO, so I'm sure glad it wasn't puttering along at 35kW. Was it really hot there? I've had a few tap out due to the heat in the past.

I was there in late June and it seemed fine. We needed to get to 90+% to make it to Miner, MO, so I'm sure glad it wasn't puttering along at 35kW. Was it really hot there? I've had a few tap out due to the heat in the past.
Was there on July 15th — worked great. We, too, needed to get to Minor MO and had no difficulties getting a full charge in normal time. Added bonus: our dog was able to stretch his legs in the fenced-in dog run adjacent to Sonic. Win! Good luck.

It wasn't excessively hot yesterday, but I didn't make any notice of the temperature. If it had been as oppressive as it has been the last few weeks I'd've remembered that. Overcast and showery precipitation in the area. 🤷‍♂️