Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brisbane (Rochedale), Qld

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

moa999

2020 3 SR+ MSM
Mar 4, 2020
Sydney, AUS
And another find today thanks to Frank W on FB

6 stall supercharger site under construction at Rochedale Village in SE Brisbane.
According to him due to open in April 2023

Believe this is the site referred to on the maps as Brisbane South (Q1 2023) given the date and that Rochedale Village is on Miles Platting Road, which was mentioned in the addresses that appeared for a short period some time ago.

Good location. Just off the Gateway Motorway, ideal for those driving around Brisbane.

With a McDonalds, Guzman, and Hungry Jack's in the carpark. McDonalds is only about 50m behind the photo below.

FB_IMG_1675734761459.jpg

Last edited:
I swung by today to take a look. No equipment just civil works at this stage. Based on where the conduits are, I'm guessing 6 pedestals back-to-back in a 3x2 config? The other conduits at the back of the photo next to the shade sail pole are probably for the charger cabinets.

RochedaleVillage.jpg

The official Tesla supercharger map has a Coorparoo site opening this month.

Is the Rochedale site going to be in addition to the Coorparoo site? It's confusing because I've seen both referred to as "Brisbane South".

Screenshot_20230305_083253_Chrome.jpg

The official Tesla supercharger map has a Coorparoo site opening this month.

Is the Rochedale site going to be in addition to the Coorparoo site? It's confusing because I've seen both referred to as "Brisbane South".
The Tesla Coming Soon dots have historically been indicative only, and the actual charger often a few suburbs away
(Eg. Melbourne Box Hill had a dot in Wheelers Hill).

So believe it's just the one site in Rochedale.

(There was also a Tesla accident a few months back when for a day Brisbane South was listed as being on Miles Platting Road)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuq and cafz
So am I doing something wrong. I went to the new Rochedale supercharger but could not use them. I have a 2018 Model X and the chargers don’t work with my port.
S/X older than about mid-2019 need a CCS board upgrade and an adapter to use any of the new V3 Superchargers

It's worth getting the upgrade, all new Superchargers installed from now on will need it and it also lets you use all the third party CCS2 chargers as well. Ordering the adaptor is done through a service request in the app I believe.