Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Broadview Heights, OH - Great Lakes & Towpath Service Plazas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Eastbound) They’ve torn out the curbs to redo them. I chatted with a guy from the construction company. He said they weren’t satisfied with the smoothness of the concrete.

1677785075423.jpeg

@edseloh, can you tell if they are going to have charging from both the front and the back?
I assume these will be like the ones being installed west of here at the Tiffin River Service Plaza where the intent appears to be to charge at only one side. The photo above shows all the signs pointed to the one side. I tried to see if they would work on either side of the island and I could stretch the cable to my Tesla on the "back side" (on the right as shown above.

Reactions: edseloh
Update from the eastbound side today, April 11. They look almost ready to go, just need to take down the fence.

From the back, they have the lines painted straight and the red post in the middle, which is historical Tesla-only alignment. On the front they have lines slanted and red post aligned with the lines, like I have seen at other sites preparing for non-Tesla charging.

Edit: it seems to be having difficulty uploading my pictures. I will try again later.

Attachments

• 79E29F21-7175-4B4A-B461-4A726CF2091D.jpeg
    79E29F21-7175-4B4A-B461-4A726CF2091D.jpeg
    407 KB · Views: 55
  • 1CF55BDB-1CAE-4217-B03C-4175B37E376F.jpeg
    1CF55BDB-1CAE-4217-B03C-4175B37E376F.jpeg
    593.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Same contractor. Only a matter of time until this site is ripped up and they try again.

Reactions: edseloh
I stopped at the Westbound service plaza to check it out. The locations don't show up in the car navigation, but the the charger I plugged in to gave me about 85 kW, which is about right for a 250 kW charger when the car's battery is half full.

1A through 1D have cones blocking them. 2A through 2D are accessible. The far side (away from the service building) is the normal orientation for a Tesla. I didn't try plugging in from the "wrong" side to see if the cable would reach. Maybe they left the units accessible from both sides in anticipation of non-Tesla usage?

Timely....about to take a road trip through OHIO in 2 weeks, and Great Lakes (west bound) would be a good stopping point for me. If I search on ABRP or Tesla's web site....does not indicate the west bound site is open, However Tesla app does show (at this time) 4 of 8 stalls available. Do we know if only 4 are operational at this time? (Or is it likely all 8 are operational and 4 just happen to be in use.)

Timely....about to take a road trip through OHIO in 2 weeks, and Great Lakes (west bound) would be a good stopping point for me. If I search on ABRP or Tesla's web site....does not indicate the west bound site is open, However Tesla app does show (at this time) 4 of 8 stalls available. Do we know if only 4 are operational at this time? (Or is it likely all 8 are operational and 4 just happen to be in use.)
I used the Broadview Heights westbound earlier this month, it's definitely open, not sure about inoperable stalls though.

These locations have been open for several weeks now. They were showing up in the map in the car until a few days ago. Now when I look at available superchargers on the car's map, it shows chargers as far away as Sandusky, but not the two nearby. I have seen cars parked and apparently charging, but haven't verified that the chargers are in service. The phone app shows the chargers as available, but with a wrench icon. Odd.

This morning I saw construction equipment at the Westbound site. I'll take a look on my way home this afternoon to see what they're up to.

• Informative
Reactions: Tezla041