Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Broadway (Glebe) NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D7E43385-9563-4025-9A8F-530384FE7587.jpeg
E26C4A2B-1828-4F17-8A09-55514698B865.jpeg
1DD60EFA-356F-4A07-811F-692958FAC667.jpeg
02C0C450-C769-422B-A808-27F5CE498E0F.jpeg
Looks like 8 supercharges , level b2 north. Enjoy:)

98E5D42B-E8C8-43DD-84EF-A5A58753800E.jpeg
E11CB536-B3EC-49B3-A775-8EED4D808D23.jpeg
This is the best place in Broadway to have charging. Only one way in and out. You must take bay st exit, just before exit take a right. Lift access from behind auspost. I’ve been shopping here for over ten year and never knew this parking existed.

• Informative
Reactions: baillies
Really glad this is happening, but the location of the B2 level is a bit unfortunate. If these spots are ICEd (and I've experienced this multiple times with the existing HPWCs), you're forced to exit the car park and re-enter if you want to park on other levels, incurring an additional charge.

Really glad this is happening, but the location of the B2 level is a bit unfortunate. If these spots are ICEd (and I've experienced this multiple times with the existing HPWCs), you're forced to exit the car park and re-enter if you want to park on other levels, incurring an additional charge.
The first 2 hours is free http://www.broadwaysydney.com.au/Centre-Info/#parking. Did you get charged for entering the second time?

The first 2 hours is free http://www.broadwaysydney.com.au/Centre-Info/#parking. Did you get charged for entering the second time?
It's free for an accumulated total of 2 hours per day (per license plate), but they'll charge you standard rates if you exit & re-enter within 60 minutes.

I was able to talk them into not charging me the other day when I had to re-enter due to ICEing, but not sure if this is the norm.

I wrote them some feedback and suggested that they paint the floor of the charging spots green or something to indicate they're not for general parking, but nothing has been done so far. It might not be effective anyway: the disabled spots are already painted bright blue, but the other day I saw a perfectly-abled guy park his car diagonally taking up 2 disabled spots, in true asshole style.

2018-02-01 13.33.42.jpg
Went to investigate today. Couldn't find B2 so parked and set off by foot.
Finally found it by taking the lift down from the shopping centre.
B2 is a small area of around 30 odd spaces, nearly all of which are either Disabled or EV Charging spaces or in use by the Car Wash Service.
To get to B2 by car, enter from Bay Street and take the Left Lane to stay on B1 level, circle around to the exit and go down the exit ramp and stay right. When you are one car space from the right hand exit gate you can turn right into B2.
The picture above shows the exits and the base of some of the Supercharges being installed behind fences, you come down the exit ramp to the left of this picture and turn right.
There are also Destination chargers here, mostly ICE'd but I managed to find a spot and plug in and they are 3 phase 32Amp giving 22Kw to cars so equipped.
2018-02-01 13.33.23.jpg

When I went to investigate on foot the right hand space had just become available, by the time I got the car there it had gone but the left hand space opened up luckily. I went shopping and came back to a lady in a black Maserati Levante waiting for me to leave. I told her this was an EV spot and she gave me a look and proceeded to park in a disabled spot. She was alone, showed no signs of disability, and I couldn't see a disability sticker on her window either.

Edit
Tesla are showing a Model X in the centre, I asked one of the guys there and he thinks the Supercharger will be opening on Feb 14.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: alexeiw123
I would hope that with the cost of a supercharger there'll be a proper effort to prevent ICEing.