Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Broadway (Glebe) NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the best place in Broadway to have charging. Only one way in and out. You must take bay st exit, just before exit take a right. Lift access from behind auspost. I’ve been shopping here for over ten year and never knew this parking existed.
I only found out about these chargers last week. I also never knew this parking area existed, when I'm leaving Broadway I'm on a mission to insert my ticket and get the h*ll out - I've never looked to the right.

But how does one exit this parking area, since the queue of cars on the exit ramp is usually astronomical, particularly in the last few hours of trading? Do you have to just pray someone lets you in?

And if the charging bays are ICEd, you'd have to exit and re-enter as cynix noted, but my recollection of that exit is that you have to turn left or go straight ahead, but the Bay St entry is to the right, so you'd have to do a U-turn at the roundabout down Bay St and then go back up to re-enter? How inconvenient is that?!!

• Funny
Reactions: MarcoRP
I only found out about these chargers last week. I also never knew this parking area existed, when I'm leaving Broadway I'm on a mission to insert my ticket and get the h*ll out - I've never looked to the right.
I also only found out about this parking area when they announced the destination chargers a couple of months back.

But how does one exit this parking area, since the queue of cars on the exit ramp is usually astronomical, particularly in the last few hours of trading? Do you have to just pray someone lets you in?
Yeah you have to hope someone lets you in. Also it's a pretty tight turn.

And if the charging bays are ICEd, you'd have to exit and re-enter as cynix noted, but my recollection of that exit is that you have to turn left or go straight ahead, but the Bay St entry is to the right, so you'd have to do a U-turn at the roundabout down Bay St and then go back up to re-enter? How inconvenient is that?!!
There are roundabouts both to the left and straight ahead, but yeah quite inconvenient if you have to re-enter.

Live! Confirmed myself.
IMG_3088.JPG
IMG_6868.JPG
IMG_0754.JPG

The Geographical Names board class Broadway as an “Urban Place” with the definition:
URBAN PLACE
A place, site or precinct in an urban landscape, the name of which is in current use, but the limits of which have not been defined under the address locality program.
So it’s arguable that you can use it, but the Supercharger is not located in the suburb of Broadway.
The same thing applies to Kings Cross, but if you ask a Sydney resident they will know how to get there.
Moderator hat on
Thread Renamed from Sydney to Broadway but left the Ultimo in brackets.

When I moved to Sydney in 1982 as a trainee for OTC, my first week was spent in the International exchange, on Broadway. The exchange was always called Broadway in reference to where it was - as far as I knew that area has been called Broadway for years. Pretty sure that the shopping centre was referred to as Broadway as well.

Broadway is the name of the road that runs from the end of George St to the start of City Rd and Parramatta Rd. The locality/urban place is named after the road.

So meloccom is absolutely correct - Broadway is not a suburb, just like Kings Cross, Taverners Hill, Westgate, Gore Hill and Strawberry Hills are not suburbs.

To be confusing, UTS are listing their location as 15 Broadway, Ultimo NSW 2007 and their postal address as PO Box 123 Broadway NSW 2007
Yep because Broadway is the name of the Post Office, which does not necessarily need to be named after the suburb it is in. But note the postcode is the same as Ultimo's.

The Commonwealth Bank used to have a "Westgate branch" even though its not a suburb. The site is now a Vintage Cellars :D:D