Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brockville, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

I was just thinking, that even though it isn’t announced to be open by Summer, that construction should’ve at least started by now. It was announced early this spring that the Superchargers would be located at the SmartCentres of Brockville. Can we please keep an eye out for this location in the following months?

I agree. I just spent the last year and a half driving between London (home) and Quebec City or Ottawa. When it is -25C to -35C, it is a real challenge to get from Kingston to Ottawa, and the comments about only 6 stalls in Kingston and Cornwall off the beaten track are bang-on. Now with so many Model 3s on top of the S & X traffic, I have had to wait for an empty stall in Kingston several times.
Has anyone seen construction progress in Brockville?

Never had a problem getting from Kingston to Ottawa, even with the old P85.

If you’re worried about range take Perth Road (RR10). It’s just as quick as 416, comes out right at the Supercharger, and is both shorter and lower speed limit, reducing the power demand while not taking any more time.

Reactions: Anto and hingisfan
Never had a problem getting from Kingston to Ottawa, even with the old P85.

If you’re worried about range take Perth Road (RR10). It’s just as quick as 416, comes out right at the Supercharger, and is both shorter and lower speed limit, reducing the power demand while not taking any more time.
Going from Orangeville to Ottawa (which I do a few times a year) is easily done in summer, with a stop in Kingston. In winter, it's iffy to get to Kingston, so a stop in Port Hope and Kingston is necessary. Really, Port Hope and Brockville would be nicer; break up the drive better.

Also
I have had issues with Kingston. The only time I nearly bricked the car, was due to Kingston running at about 30KW. I was due at a wedding, so I couldn't get a fast enough charge. I waited until I had about 15KM over the required range to Kanata, and left. I got there with 3 KM of range, and got to see the wedding. (There was a 15 amp duplex to charge, so I limped back to a Plugshare at the Kanata Library, afterward). It wasn't the only time I've had issues at Kingston.