TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Brockville Ontario

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by MarcoRP, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Pilot7478

Pilot7478 Member

Probably on hold waiting for V3....

2. SammyA

SammyA Member

Thanks for checking in.

That's sad to hear. I make the commute from Montreal to Toronto quite often, and this charger is very important for my commute.

3. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

Still no action?

4. sakimano

sakimano Active Member

poor brockville...

5. tombar

tombar Member

and tomorrow marks day 365 of this SC being in the "permit" status.........

6. Goggs

Goggs Member

There's enough activity starting to go on (Maritimes, Northern Ontario) that I assume this will have to happen soon??

7. tombar

tombar Member

Lets hope Brockville will be the first with V3 superchargers in Canada

• Like x 2
  8. sakimano

sakimano Active Member

are we sure on the location? Or is this still just a guess?

9. MarcoRP

MarcoRP @MontrealTesla

Pretty sure on location. Do you any other place in Brockville that would be big enough for Superchargers?

• Disagree x 1
  10. Goggs

Goggs Member

Has anyone checked the location lately? I'll be passing through this weekend and can check unless someone has done that recently.

11. Goggs

Goggs Member

Checked out the area this afternoon. Nothing happening. Trip reinforced that this one will be a great addition.

12. MarcoRP

MarcoRP @MontrealTesla

Ok thanks. Was thinking of checking on the way back to Mtl but I guess I won’t bother.

• Disagree x 1
  13. SammyA

SammyA Member

I wrote to customersupport at tesla dot com regarding this.

Here are the things I mentioned to them.
    1. Cornwall is out of the way(Minimum half an hour of wasted time) ... 5 KM on inner roads to get to the charger.
    2. Kingston has too few chargers.
    3. Belleville is the only viable stop right now, with lots of chargers, but it is too far from Montreal for the car to get there especially in Winter when the range drops.

Brockville is a perfect place to have a 20 stall supercharger station for now to enable smooth Montreal to Toronto commuting, especially in Winters when the range drops dramatically.

They said they are looking into building it. If everybody writes to them at the email I mentioned above, we have a chance of being herd.

• Like x 1
  14. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

Definitely agree with this. Cornwall is too far off the road and Kingston is too small and too crowded.

15. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

hyperbolic statement here

16. Iwantmy3

Iwantmy3 Member

I definitely agree that Kingston has too few chargers. It is one of the most ideally located superchargers we have facilitating travel between Montreal and Toronto as well as Ottawa to Toronto. Brockville would help, but what would really help would be upgrading the Kingston site.

I was there yesterday coming from Ottawa. The chargers were full and cars were waiting. Charging was slow (since any new vehicles showing up got the slower rate. I ended out charging just enough to get to Belleville.

17. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

Back in the day, it was originally supposed to have eight stalls in a spot a few hundred meters away. However, for reasons too long to rehash here, the project was delayed, reduced in size, and moved. Though it might seem like a big difference, having eight instead of six stalls would be a great help.

• Informative x 1
  18. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

20 stalls in Brockville and the 20 we already have in Belleville should greatly reduce the demand on Kingston.

19. Iwantmy3

Iwantmy3 Member

Brockville might help. The real issue is that Kingston is very well placed and very convenient for travel between Tononto -Montreal and Toronto - Ottawa. People will continue to go there first. Belleville is almost entirely empty even while Kingston is overflowing.

20. wayner

wayner Active Member

I agree and this is why we need Kingston increased to 20 chargers or a second SC in Kingston - just like Barrie. But I don't think it is fair to say that Belleville is empty. I was there on Sunday afternoon and there were at least 6 vehicles there - a nice mix of 3s, Ss and Xs. Same with Friday afternoon on my east.