TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Brockville Ontario

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by MarcoRP, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Eco Capitalist

I think Belleville will see more use once Brockville is open. The trip from Toronto to Montreal becomes a series of 2 hour jaunts: Toronto-Belleville, Belleville-Brockville, Brockville-Montreal.

• Like x 1
  2. sakimano

sakimano Active Member

is there a reason this thread has the 'offical, confirmed' title setup when the brockville supercharger isn't even under construction or anything yet? Keeps fooling me (not hard) into thinking it's up and running when I look in here every 3 months.

3. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Where does it say "official" or "confirmed?"

4. wayner

wayner Active Member

The Mississauga thread is at 19 pages and it isn't under construction yet either.

5. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

That supercharger has been open since January.

6. wayner

wayner Active Member

Technically that is the Meadowvale SC. The Mississauga one has yet to be started. Just like the Vaughan SC isn’t open yet although there is the Concord SC located in Vaughan.

7. sakimano

sakimano Active Member

Nowhere.

Anyway the title of supercharger threads once they're officially under construction etc has been
    Supercharger - City, Province

Generally before they reach construction or are officially happening the threads have not used this format. Threads have been edited away from that format in the past in fact when just speculation etc.

• Like x 1
  8. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Mississauga, ON - Meadowvale Supercharger | Tesla

9. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

The thread title depends on two things:

1) the title chosen by the OP

2) whether or not the sub-forum moderator decides to change that title

I don't think having a thread title in the form you are speaking of is unusual for a supercharger that is not yet completed. But I do know that in the California superchargers forum for example, the moderator goes through and alters the thread titles for clarity (permit, under construction, etc. along with how many stalls, v2, v3, etc.). If you wish to change the title of this thread, you should contact the moderator of the Canada superchargers sub-forum.

10. Drabus

Drabus Member

I am very often going on Parkedale between North Augusta and Stewart or Ormund. Still no sign of supercharger, but I also am only really looking from the road.
    I finally see above that it is at 1942 Parkedale (Starbucks mall) so will check more thoroughly soon.

I’d like to add another reason why this supercharger is important that hasn’t been mentioned.
    I live in Ottawa and often work in Brockville. I know several others that do the same. I know it seems backwards! Anyway, some of them are looking for a new vehicle.
    I can’t in good conscience recommend the SR+ Model 3 without the supercharger there because of winter range loss issues. Getting from Ottawa to Brockville and back without charging in worst possible conditions would be way too close for comfort without a charger there.

So here is to hoping it starts construction soon!

• Like x 1
  11. Coolio

Coolio New Member

I heard some good news this weekend about the long awaited Brockville supercharger. Construction is expected to start in 6 weeks!

• Like x 6
    • Informative x 1
  12. ESteve

ESteve New Member

Great! Now what about another for Ottawa? The basement of the Rideau Centre is not at all convienient...

• Like x 1
  13. ccudmore

ccudmore Member

Curious what the source of this news is. Can you share?

• Like x 2
  14. gaspimp

gaspimp Member

Brockville will be absolutely critical for the return trip from Toronto to Ottawa. Port Hope is perfect on the way there, but Belleville is a bit too early on the way back.

• Like x 1
  15. PJay

PJay New Member

Aside from the fact that the supercharger at Kingston is typically a zoo, the Brockville supercharger's importance and strategic positioning became abundantly clear yesterday. I drive an M3 SR+, live in Prince Edward County, and had a wedding to attend in Kemptville (243kms away). Charged at home to 99%, stopped in Kingston (too close) and topped back up from 78% to 95% expecting to charge at an L2 for an hour before the wedding. The L2 was out of service so we went to plan B and would charge at an L2 in Brockville on the way home. Arrived Brockville near midnight, charged at 30A/30kms per hour and picked up enough charge to make Kingston SC + 15kms. Drove 100km/h then 95km/h watching the 15km buffer erode as we drove. Arrived Kingston SC at 1% SoC (5kms remaining) at about 1AM. This was WAY to close for comfort, and absolutely would not have been achieveable in winter. Anyone on this forum have any pull with Elon? Brockville SC can't happen soon enough.

• Like x 5
  16. lance

lance Member

I know the feeling far too well. I've run out of charge just shy of Kingston from Montreal and when towed to the superchargers in Kingston was in a queue of about 8 other cars waiting to charge. Brockville has to happen ASAP

• Like x 1
  17. Lex

Lex Member

umm so it seems that they're prioritizing completion of Trans Canada.. lots of orange cones there but Brockville is still a blue dot:
    supercharge.info

Completing the Electric Trans Canada Highway will make more of a splash on Elon's twitter I guess.

18. sakimano

sakimano Active Member

#98 sakimano, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    what is SR+ range @ 100% ? Kemptville is only 140 kms from Kingston and 220 kms from the Bay Bridge. I'd have thought you'd be good to get there and back to Belleville on a charge although if you're deep in the county that can knacker a bunch of range.

Next time consider going up 37 from Belleville to HWY 7, and then across to Kemptville. Or go up 15 from Kingston. Both routes are shorter than the 401 to 416, and because you're going slower (90 most of the way with some slowdowns), you will probably set a record for best range efficiency you've ever done.

I drove to Montebello from the Belleville SC this route and averaged 161 wh/km on a Model S P90D. My long term average (3 years) is 240 wh/km lol

19. Lex

Lex Member

So I just found out about Petro Canada's fast charging network...
    EV Fast Charge car charging stations

They are building it out across Canada, and Napanee is already done they say... and energy is free for a while.. but it only has CHADeMO or CSS. I'm hoping there's a new CSS adapter releasing soon for North American Tesla customers... but not holding my breath.

20. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

Let's of information on this and other Canadian CHAdeMO/CCS networks can be found in the Canada CHADEMO charging thread.