TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Brockville Ontario

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by MarcoRP, Jun 4, 2018.

1. wayner

wayner Active Member

I agree with what Lex says, at least in terms of facilitating travel in areas where people actually own Teslas. Hwy 401 is easily the most travelled highway in the country and we have lots of SCs between Kingston and Toronto (Belleville, Port Hope, Pickering, North York, Markham x2), but Cornwall is the only one east of Kingston until you hit Montreal

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. Lex

Lex Member

@ sakimano :D thus my addition of "probably" ;) I was strictly talking of the volume of vehicles from Toronto to Montreal, never mind travel further East and West. pray for us all lol

My guess is now we're now going to get a 20+ stall super Supercharger .. V3 .. probably wide open to make it easier with a trailer hitched...

.. oh and... maybe... Tesla changing to CCS plugs for Superchargers ? That's a rumour I read today based on Green's hacks if I recall.. so maybe some of those, too (would be odd to see a CCS Supercharger before an adapter is available for our Teslas to CCS though.. maybe they hit a snag and this is the answer)

thanks wayner that's always good to hear, I agree with you too :D We need this Supercharger !!!

• Like x 1
  3. bijan

bijan Member

In Europe the superchargers have CCS and Tesla plugs side by side for old and new vehicles respectively.

4. Mayoo

Mayoo Member

wow .. still no updates !!!

5. CanadaGoose

CanadaGoose Member

maybe, they are working on it and it’s unknown because no one is driving around searching for a site under construction.

Niagara Falls was unexpected, I only noticed it when I came to visit to my grandparents.

6. wayner

wayner Active Member

I don't think anything is going to be worked on for the forseeable future.

7. Mayoo

Mayoo Member

Glad to see Kingston getting new 12 stall V3 ones !!!

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. Pilot7478

Pilot7478 Member

How do you know?!

9. MarcoRP

MarcoRP @MontrealTesla

• Informative x 1
  10. Lacticacid

Lacticacid Member

I have some great news many of you would like to hear! Here's a picture of the Brockville location. It looks like construction has started. Who's the moderator of this site? Can we get the page updated? It had an original permit of 120kw. For sure that has changed. The question is was the permit redone to make it a 250kw or can they just go ahead and construct a 250kw? I don't know if it will still be 20 stalls as per the original permit Resized_image000000.jpeg

• Like x 5
    • Love x 3
    • Informative x 2
  11. CanadaGoose

CanadaGoose Member

Awesome, I’ll assume this is the address:

Canadian Tire
    2360 Parkedale Ave, Brockville, ON K6V 7J5
    (613) 342-5841
    Google Maps

12. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

Nice! Given the distance/framing/resolution of the posted picture, it's hard to tell, but I think I can see at least 4 V3 cabinets there. If accurate, that would mean at least 16 stalls are likely. I wouldn't be surprised if it is still going to be 20 stalls.

13. malou

malou Member

I like that there's a Tim Hortons right across the street for pee and coffee break while it charge (if we have time with the V3 :p)

• Like x 1
  14. cohix

cohix Member

@MarcoRP woah it's like your Kingston announcement spurred on live at the Brockville site!

Having V3s at Kingston and Brockville would finally mean there are no "tough" stretches for an SR+ between any of Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal! Very exciting.

15. MarcoRP

MarcoRP @MontrealTesla

I don’t think people want to hear this, but this is an Electrify Canada site it seems. Note the charging stations on the far right (circled) as well as the spot for putting the cabinets, very alike most Electrify stations. Sorry guys, but I don’t think this is the Brockville Supercharger just yet...
    51272EBB-6468-4A91-A3D2-1D731AC23F85.jpeg

• Informative x 3
  16. Can37

Can37 Member

This is an Electrify Canada Site. I thought the SC was planned for the Smart Centre?

Screenshot 2020-03-22 at 23.42.09.png

17. MarcoRP

MarcoRP @MontrealTesla

I just happened to notice this seems like a bigger site than usual. Can someone pass by again with more photos (of the stands or Tesla equipment) so we can be sure if this is uniquely an Electrify site or not? Thanks

18. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

Remind me pls - will the Electrify America site only have Chademo or basic (slow) level 2 (from a Tesla perspective)?

19. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

Electrify Canada will have exactly one CHAdeMO plug and seven or more CCS ones. No J1772.

20. Lacticacid

Lacticacid Member

If what you're saying is true, those are pretty big crates and a very large fenced off section for just eight stalls (seven CCS plus one CHAdeMO). It will be confirmed soon enough.