Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Brooklyn, NY - Atlantic Avenue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2D25DB7E-2572-4EB8-93E4-248BFB8242E1.jpeg

@Chuq @tes-s

Last edited:
From the limited info in the address of that listing, I'm guessing it's somewhere in P2 level of the parking garage attached to the Atlantic Terminal Mall: 625 Atlantic Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217. Basically at the intersection of Flatbush Ave. and Atlantic Ave. Just across Atlantic Ave. from the Barclays Center. The entrance to that garage is on the east side of Ft. Green Pl--a small street that is only 2 way on the block in between the two mall buildings--just north of the enclosed pedestrian bridge/skywalk that connects the buildings. View of parking entrance off Ft Green Pl in google streetview. You can turn onto that street from either direction on Atlantic.

Exciting! I was trying to navigate to the Brooklyn Museum charger from Williamsburg this afternoon..
Accidentally started navigating to the wrong pin, figured it was a destination charger pin.. now realize was this new supercharger.
Will drop in soon..

It wasn't on the map or changes page since both this site and Cooper showed up one after the other. Plus, neither had a Permit or Construction "change." Are you thinking of the Brooklyn Museum location?
Are we talking about the same place? This and Brooklyn museum are two separate places.
290856A8-62CE-4661-A039-AD8F46B4B07C.jpeg

If you don’t understand why these two locations haven’t seen a permit or construction status on the site it’s because supercharge.info is crowdsourced site. It is based solely on informations from the public (sightings) or info from Tesla. Tesla isn’t in any way associated with the site and doesn’t auto-update the locations. For example, this Supercharger wasn’t seen by any forum members or Tesla owners, so no change was applied to the site, reason there not being any changes on the site.

Are we talking about the same place? This and Brooklyn museum are two separate places.
View attachment 420584

If you don’t understand why these two locations haven’t seen a permit or construction status on the site it’s because supercharge.info is crowdsourced site. It is based solely on informations from the public (sightings) or info from Tesla. Tesla isn’t in any way associated with the site and doesn’t auto-update the locations. For example, this Supercharger wasn’t seen by any forum members or Tesla owners, so no change was applied to the site, reason there not being any changes on the site.
I understand that, and I've appreciated the site for a long time now (it's one of my Favorites links), but I don't believe this location as on the website prior to my post. I could be mistaken, but I don't recall it being listed.

They also have a set of destination chargers. Relatively new to this but what’s the purpose of destination chargers instead of the SCs?

Destination are generally free, but charge at 10-16kW vs 72kW Urban Supercharge or 145kW V2 Supercharger, etc.
So with even an Urban Supercharger you can generally get a full charge in about an hour, but a Destination Charger is more of a top-up while you shop giving you maybe 15-30 miles of charge per hour.

Thanks - I knew the difference between destination and SCs - but that did answer my question on why they would opt to have both set up at Atlantic Terminal. I assume the SC would be pay (for those without free SC) and the destination chargers would be free?

They also have a set of destination chargers. Relatively new to this but what’s the purpose of destination chargers instead of the SCs?

It depends what facilities are there - if you are planning on being there for 2-3 hours or more (eg. cinema, sports event, long dinner or hotel) then you shouldn’t use a supercharger unless you are willing to move your car after 30-60 minutes. Otherwise you’re taking up a supercharger spot that someone else might need. A destination charger would be more suitable in this example.
The other thing is that some non-Tesla EVs can charge from a destination charger with an adaptor but this most likely isn’t what Tesla had in mind :)

Reactions: qman66
GREAT location.
Signage to get from entrance to chargers pretty good, but basically - downstairs 1 level (P2) in the back corner.

Pre-conditioned so I got max rate pretty quickly.
Charged ~50-90% in 30min and exited with only $3 in parking fee (and they take card).

Cell service is a little weak back there btw.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9