Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brooklyn, NY - N. 12th Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by and was told it is valet parking only.
However the gentleman allowed me to drive myself to the charger and plug in for a few minutes.
Unless I was desperate, I would avoid this location.

IMG_1106.JPG

Yes, they are iced.
However, at a valet parking only facility the attendant in theory can quickly "un ice" the Tesla spots when needed.
I still think it's BS to make us pay to charge there... destination chargers...fine I understand. But Superchargers should be free to access. If u don't have unlimited supercharging - and u used your 400 kW credit you'll be paying twice: for electricity and for parking.

Agree with previous commenter - Tesla should list these as destination chargers with the highter kV charge rate. Especially considering that the charge rate for urban ones is 75 kV compared to nominal 120kV for the existing "regular" ones.

Reactions: jaguar36
It's unrealistic to expect free parking in NYC. Want free parking to supercharge? Drive to Tarrytown
There's a difference between parking and supercharging. Like @kort677 said, most Tesla drivers will only need to stop by and juice up for at most an hour, most likely staying in the car vs. leaving the car for several hours to go do other stuff offsite. The latter is indeed parking and yes, I would not expect that to be free in NYC.

What I don't understand is why its really there. It doesn't sound like its meant to be one of the new urban superchargers. No-one in their right mind would stop here if they were just traveling by.

The only thing I could think of is that the William Vale wanted it there for some prestige reason. Or it could be that a Tesla VIP stays there a lot or something.

What I don't understand is why its really there. It doesn't sound like its meant to be one of the new urban superchargers. No-one in their right mind would stop here if they were just traveling by.

The only thing I could think of is that the William Vale wanted it there for some prestige reason. Or it could be that a Tesla VIP stays there a lot or something.
I agree it doesn't make any sense. The William Vale already has HPWC destination chargers in the same location...