TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Brush, CO

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by BlueShift, Nov 13, 2016.

1. BlueShift

BlueShift Member

Someone forwarded me an email discussion with the Tesla supercharger team in which they say "Although we cannot share the specific site location, we are moving forward with a site in Brush, CO".

Earlier in the discussion they said "We are in the midst of construction for Supercharger Stations along I-76".

supercharge.info

• Like x 5
  2. Chuq

Chuq Member

Thanks blueshift, I noticed the "Unknown St" on the map and thought it was unusual since locations without specific addresses are not usually added!

3. jnylenllc

jnylenllc Member

Has anyone located this mystery charger yet?

4. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.28 c528869

My parents stopped by on Thursday and looked around Wendy's, McDonald's etc. but didn't spot anything under construction.

• Informative x 1
  5. Mkorpal

Mkorpal Member

#5 Mkorpal, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    I was going through Brush today, and I "may" have found it! Sorry, I didn't get a pic, but I can describe it at least.

Granted, it didn't look exactly like the classic construction for a super charger, but it had elements of one. There was an area of relatively recent asphalt. In front of it, there was a small backhole digging a trench along it, and there was a dug out area further back with a frame that looked like it would be a concrete pad. There was a trailer on site, but I didn't see any of the usual Tesla crates.

Anyway, I'd say 50/50 that this was the site. It is a bit oddly placed, but would fit. Hopefully if anyone is traveling through they can take a closer look.

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 1
  6. jnylenllc

jnylenllc Member

That location looks very promising. I've visited that gas station before, and that is about as good as it gets for a Super Charger location in that part of Colorado. Right next to a gas station and a pizza hut, and right off I-80.

7. Ookami

Ookami Member

Went scouting today around Brush, CO. No equipment (yet).

8. Mkorpal

Mkorpal Member

Did you see what I did at the shell parking lot?

9. Ookami

Ookami Member

Yes, I looked on the north side first. I think they would at least pave both sides and not just patch it on the north side if they were going to place chargers there. As of right now it's just gravel everywhere / rough looking parking lot area . *shrug*

10. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

#10 DÆrik, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    @MorrisonHiker and I went scouting in Brush. @Mkorpal was right. 100% confirmed that location! 8 stalls and Tesla crates. It is right at the Shell station. I took 5 minutes worth of drone footage and a few pictures. I'll update this thread later with the video.

@BlueShift it's located just east of the white above ground fuel tanks. Here are the GPS coordinates: 40.270895,-103.622230

Thanks Erik

IMG_20161210_141934.jpg

• Like x 10
  11. jnylenllc

jnylenllc Member

Nice work guys! Looks like this one is under construction.

12. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Brush, CO

Interstates: I-76
    US Numbered Highways (<=5 mi): US-6, US-34

I-76:
    To: End (I-80, near Big Springs, NE): 100 miles
    Diversion: 3 miles*
    To: Ogallala, NE (I-76, I-80)

To: Limon, CO (CO-71): 76.4 miles
    To: Goodland, KS (US-34, CO-63, US-36, CO-59, I-70): 164 miles

This will "complete" I-76, breaking up the length into two segments easy segments.

* Google mapping on Supercharge.info suggests that you have to do a loop to get to and from the Supercharger heading East along I-76, which creates the large diversion. But I'm not sure that that's correct. According to Streetview's pictures and the I-76 Wikipedia entry, it's a cloverleaf. Can anyone confirm that it's a cloverleaf with an easy off-and-on?

13. evp

evp Nerd

Google Maps shows an exit on Colorado Ave immediately south of the SpC site.

14. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

#14 ItsNotAboutTheMoney, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    If you plot a route to or form the location, you'll see that it has you take circuitous routes to get there and get back onto I-76 east.

15. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I was just trying to plan a route from Fort Collins to the Ogallala Supercharger today, and couldn't make it work with a Model X and Airstream. This fills the gap perfectly.

• Like x 1
  16. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

I just looked at my video footage, will upload it on YouTube tomorrow and post it here, but all the exits off i76 to get to this supercharger are straight on/off. The drone and satellite shows no clover exits, but street view does.

The car navigation said to get back to Denver on i76 I need to go around 3 clover leafs. But it was wrong and instantly corrected itself when I started down the onramp. I didn't think anything of it until I read your message.

Rest assured that there are no longer cover leafs there and all are easy on/off. :)

Thanks Erik

Screenshot_20161211-211938.png

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  17. evp

evp Nerd

I see that. It could have something to do with traffic. The exit going westbound is solid red from I76 to Colorado Ave. Sometimes that's bogus, but sometimes not. I ignored a "bad" routing in the Tesla once. It turned out that Google knew about road construction that I didn't. Cost me two tires to a brutal pothole on a side street. Now I pay more respect to the map.

18. Speight

Speight Member

Looking at the street view, the intersection seems to have been reconfigured recently from a cloverleaf to a normal diamond. Google Maps appears to have updated the intersection incorrectly. Their data treats the new ramps as right turn only on and off like the old outside cloverleaf ramps. Maybe they just removed the inner loop ramps and repositioned the remaining four without updating the turn restrictions.

19. jnylenllc

jnylenllc Member

Well, I know what I am doing for 25 to 35 minutes!

Attached Files:

20. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.28 c528869

Here's the drone footage from Saturday. You can see that the location is right off I-76.

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1