Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brush, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was going through Brush today, and I "may" have found it! Sorry, I didn't get a pic, but I can describe it at least.

Granted, it didn't look exactly like the classic construction for a super charger, but it had elements of one. There was an area of relatively recent asphalt. In front of it, there was a small backhole digging a trench along it, and there was a dug out area further back with a frame that looked like it would be a concrete pad. There was a trailer on site, but I didn't see any of the usual Tesla crates.

Anyway, I'd say 50/50 that this was the site. It is a bit oddly placed, but would fit. Hopefully if anyone is traveling through they can take a closer look.

Attachments

• FreshPaint-0-2016.11.29-05.50.00.png
    FreshPaint-0-2016.11.29-05.50.00.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 261
  • FreshPaint-0-2016.11.29-05.51.57.png
    FreshPaint-0-2016.11.29-05.51.57.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 186
  • Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: emupilot
@MorrisonHiker and I went scouting in Brush. @Mkorpal was right. 100% confirmed that location! 8 stalls and Tesla crates. It is right at the Shell station. I took 5 minutes worth of drone footage and a few pictures. I'll update this thread later with the video.

@BlueShift it's located just east of the white above ground fuel tanks. Here are the GPS coordinates: 40.270895,-103.622230

Thanks Erik

IMG_20161210_141934.jpg

Last edited:
Brush, CO

Interstates: I-76
US Numbered Highways (<=5 mi): US-6, US-34

I-76:
To: End (I-80, near Big Springs, NE): 100 miles
Diversion: 3 miles*
To: Ogallala, NE (I-76, I-80)

To: Limon, CO (CO-71): 76.4 miles
To: Goodland, KS (US-34, CO-63, US-36, CO-59, I-70): 164 miles

This will "complete" I-76, breaking up the length into two segments easy segments.

* Google mapping on Supercharge.info suggests that you have to do a loop to get to and from the Supercharger heading East along I-76, which creates the large diversion. But I'm not sure that that's correct. According to Streetview's pictures and the I-76 Wikipedia entry, it's a cloverleaf. Can anyone confirm that it's a cloverleaf with an easy off-and-on?

Brush, CO
* Google mapping on Supercharge.info suggests that you have to do a loop to get to and from the Supercharger heading East along I-76, which creates the large diversion. But I'm not sure that that's correct. According to Streetview's pictures and the I-76 Wikipedia entry, it's a cloverleaf. Can anyone confirm that it's a cloverleaf with an easy off-and-on?

Google Maps shows an exit on Colorado Ave immediately south of the SpC site.

I just looked at my video footage, will upload it on YouTube tomorrow and post it here, but all the exits off i76 to get to this supercharger are straight on/off. The drone and satellite shows no clover exits, but street view does.

The car navigation said to get back to Denver on i76 I need to go around 3 clover leafs. But it was wrong and instantly corrected itself when I started down the onramp. I didn't think anything of it until I read your message.

Rest assured that there are no longer cover leafs there and all are easy on/off. :)

Thanks Erik

Screenshot_20161211-211938.png

If you plot a route to or from the location, you'll see that it has you take circuitous routes to get there and get back onto I-76 east.

I see that. It could have something to do with traffic. The exit going westbound is solid red from I76 to Colorado Ave. Sometimes that's bogus, but sometimes not. I ignored a "bad" routing in the Tesla once. It turned out that Google knew about road construction that I didn't. Cost me two tires to a brutal pothole on a side street. Now I pay more respect to the map.

If you plot a route to or form the location, you'll see that it has you take circuitous routes to get there and get back onto I-76 east.

Looking at the street view, the intersection seems to have been reconfigured recently from a cloverleaf to a normal diamond. Google Maps appears to have updated the intersection incorrectly. Their data treats the new ramps as right turn only on and off like the old outside cloverleaf ramps. Maybe they just removed the inner loop ramps and repositioned the remaining four without updating the turn restrictions.