Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ya, I'm on the same page as you. Aren't the dates dictated to the owners not the other way around.
Certainly owners don't "dictate" dates to Tesla, but some seem to have more influence than others. Yes, we'll get an email at some point, but that has sometimes happened after the station has been up and running for several days. It is also curious how the appearance on the nav screen and on the TM website all seem to be on there own schedule. It appears that the readiness of the equipment is critical for setting an opening date, but then there is a need to coordinate schedules with the landlord, city officials, the utility company, and a Tesla staff.

Doesn't AmpedRealtor live close to the Buckeye Supercharger? Would it be possible for you to check on it daily or every-other-day to keep us posted on when power is turned on? They usually power the stations a few days or even a week before announcing them as live. I'm just itching to try out Supercharging for the first time, but don't have time to drive to Quartzite or Flagstaff any time soon.

A few photos. Still no power.
IMG_9316.jpg
IMG_9317.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9315.jpg
    IMG_9315.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 366
  • IMG_9318.jpg
    IMG_9318.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 338
  • IMG_9319.jpg
    IMG_9319.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 331
  • IMG_9324.jpg
    IMG_9324.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 327
We are headed to Glendale Arizona on Friday from Huntington Beach and surely hope this is up and running. As it's 126 miles to Glendale from Quartzite it would sure be nice to top of there as we go by. Does anyone know if the charging station is for sure up and running???? The photos give that impression.

Someone was parked at the sc today, possibly charging? Saw from the freeway, so didn't stop. Was white with 21s.

My guess would be Tyl and he wasnt charging. That's just what my spidey senses tell me though....

- - - Updated - - -

We are headed to Glendale Arizona on Friday from Huntington Beach and surely hope this is up and running. As it's 126 miles to Glendale from Quartzite it would sure be nice to top of there as we go by. Does anyone know if the charging station is for sure up and running???? The photos give that impression.
I'm going to guess they aren't working yet. At least that's what the caption above the pictures says.:tongue:

dang, that other guy in that other thread was right, Tyl, you do get around, especially when you didn't even get power at this site.

Let's see? ......to check if a new supercharger is capable of charging a Model S .... I had to ask Flat Stanley to PLUG IN ....... and TRY IT. Then I took a picture for all to see!

AS OF YESTERDAY EVENING THERE WAS "NO POWER" available at the Buckeye Arizona Supercharger.

I'm headed back to Durango today from southern California. Any prospects for Buckeye getting switched on today? If not, I'll probably route up to Quartzsite from Yuma and then on to Prescott if I can locate a 14-50 there. Looks like Yuma to Phoenix and Quartzsite to Flagstaff are both too far in a 60 without finding someplace to charge in between...

I'm headed back to Durango today from southern California. Any prospects for Buckeye getting switched on today? If not, I'll probably route up to Quartzsite from Yuma and then on to Prescott if I can locate a 14-50 there. Looks like Yuma to Phoenix and Quartzsite to Flagstaff are both too far in a 60 without finding someplace to charge in between...

You can always take the Quartzsite to Kingman to Flagstaff route, all segments doable in a 60; just be careful of the elevation gain from Kingman to Flagstaff. More distance, but probably less total time with the reduced charge times.

Stop by Lake Havasu and get a picture of your MS on London Bridge.

Thanks Cottonwood! Figured I have to spend the night somewhere anyway, so Prescott might be a decent option for a slow charge overnight.

Sounds like a great route. Enjoy the scenery, breakfast in Jerome and then a morning drive up Oak Creek Canyon.

There are so many great places to visit along the 4-corners Supercharger route when you start planning an overnight destination charge as the mid-point in a side trip off of the Supercharger Highway!

Enjoy! :cool:

The fact that Buckeye wasn't open on Saturday when I was passing through definitely made me change my route in *creative* ways! San Diego to Yuma was no problem, and Yuma to Quartzsite was easy, but then I decided to slice the diagonal to Flagstaff and wander off the Supercharger network for awhile to go prospecting for other electricity sources, with all the usual hijinks and surprises. The good news is that yesterday's drive (at least portions of it) could be a perfect Tesla rally outing for future adventurers. Prescott's Chevy/Nissan dealer is listed on Plugshare as having a charging station, but they disavowed any knowledge of that when I called them seeking a place to charge. In fact, most of the town seems pretty strongly anti-EV so far -- check out the various angry comments posted by locals in their paper after someone proposed that EV charging be made available in town:

http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=36&SubsectionID=73&ArticleID=124208

I had to visit quite a few motels in Prescott before finally finding one with a 120 volt outlet, so I could at least get enough juice overnight to reach Sedona yesterday morning.

The drive over the mountain and through the forest to Jerome was memorable, and I was sorry I didn't take the time to stop in Jerome to stroll around, check out the galleries and the view, and have breakfast there as Cottonwood suggested. It's one of the few places I've visited in the US that reminds me of Italy's remarkable hill towns along the Amalfi Coast.

I grabbed a nice chunk of regen downhill into Cottonwood (the town) and then Sedona, where the need for a charge at the Sedona Rouge's 14-50 gave me the excuse to visit their spa for some relaxation in the meantime. These guys are well worth your business if you're passing through Sedona, and the Safeway right next door can hook you up with healthier food options than the Carl's Jr/Burger King corridor beyond. The drive up Oak Creek Canyon was memorable as usual, and it was great to have the acceleration to pass slower moving vehicles quickly. This road returned me to the Supercharger network in Flagstaff and a high speed cruise across I-40 to Holbrook and Gallup. Even at 75-80 mph, the normal cushion I add to EVTripper's range mile estimates was higher than needed because of the strong and persistent SW tailwinds that blew all afternoon. This made for very quick stops at each Supercharger - typically only 20-25 minutes. I caught a glorious sunset over the Navajo Nation heading north from Gallup to Farmington, grabbed my final charge in 10 minutes, and then rolled into Durango last night for dinner.

The whole road trip was 3115 miles for about $27 spent out of pocket on electricity in three California towns away from the Supercharger network - Santa Rosa, Merced and Oakhurst. Everything else was either from a Supercharger, at a friend's house, or built into the price of lodging. It's a new way to see America!