Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Visited the Buckeye SC last weekend. I guess I missed all the fanfare ;)
13493096654_a3eef49e1e_b.jpg

Reactions: PStewart
This was Gila Bend on 9/1.

It's possible that these drivers just always parked in these spots as such before there were SCs. And now are just following their habit. Prof course they can be coal rollers doing it for sport. I want to give benefit of doubt. But you never know. I do have one with the license plate, which I am withholding because the 'doubt'. But if I see a similar truck elsewhere in the PHX area, then the plate goes public

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1418066651.618143.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1418066651.618143.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 266
I stopped at the Buckeye Supercharger on the way home from Lake Havasu yesterday (3/19/17). I had trouble getting lined up with the pedestal when backing in. The parking lot has been repaved and restriped. There are now 9 lined parking spaces in front of 8 pedestals. The farther from the left, the more misaligned the spaces become. This puts an unusual kink in the cable at some of the pedestals.
IMG_3477.jpg
IMG_3480.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: David99
I stopped at the Buckeye Supercharger on the way home from Lake Havasu yesterday (3/19/17). I had trouble getting lined up with the pedestal when backing in. The parking lot has been repaved and restriped. There are now 9 lined parking spaces in front of 8 pedestals. The farther from the left, the more misaligned the spaces become. This puts an unusual kink in the cable at some of the pedestals.

I noticed similar problems in other locations. Some have old lines that don't match. I learned the best way to do it is to aim for the red sign and center the car to it. That works all the time.

Reactions: dgpcolorado
Stopped at Buckeye to charge on Thu 2/27/20. All chargers seem to be in OK shape. 4 cars there, all spaced out across the 8 spots so that we would not share cabinets, but we were still all seeing fairly slow charge rates. Then, I got out and looked closer and saw that this is one of those odd chargers were the A’s are grouped together, then the B’s are grouped together! So, even alternating spots with the best of intentions, we were actually using 1A/3A/1B/3B. :(. At non-V3 chargers, you really have to look close at the charger numbers!

Stopped at Buckeye to charge on Thu 2/27/20. All chargers seem to be in OK shape. 4 cars there, all spaced out across the 8 spots so that we would not share cabinets, but we were still all seeing fairly slow charge rates. Then, I got out and looked closer and saw that this is one of those odd chargers were the A’s are grouped together, then the B’s are grouped together! So, even alternating spots with the best of intentions, we were actually using 1A/3A/1B/3B. :(. At non-V3 chargers, you really have to look close at the charger numbers!
Here I am on the last leg of a drive from LA and I’m pulling 55 KW even below 50% SOC. So I get on google to see what people are saying about this charger and as soon I get to your post and look, the guy 4 spots away is pulling out and my charging doubles :/