Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buellton, CA (temporary closure)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is new signage at several of the supercharger stalls permitting ICE parking from 9PM until noon the following day. If there are many of us there at the same time late at night, we will be blocked out of several available charging stalls. I'm guessing The Marriott found not many Tesla's were charging during those hours. The new signage stalls were all ICED when I charged at Buellton several days ago 5AM ish :crying:.

There is new signage at several of the supercharger stalls permitting ICE parking from 9PM until noon the following day. If there are many of us there at the same time late at night, we will be blocked out of several available charging stalls. I'm guessing The Marriott found not many Tesla's were charging during those hours. The new signage stalls were all ICED when I charged at Buellton several days ago 5AM ish :crying:.
On Thursday, Friday and Saturday night, that Marriott is the center of the universe for the locals. I sat there one evening charging and watched cars circling the hotel looking for parking. Go figure.

I am local, have had issues at chargers all over the west. I am trying to see if anyone else is having issues here so I can feel good about the idea that it's the charger and not my car. I have only used it a few times, so I don't think they are throttling me. It's not worth my $2 to drive to the SpC to charge my car. However there are times where I need a little more charge to get out of town in the evening.

I was there 2 times in the past month and luckily they removed the signs allowing ICE parking in the super charger stalls...

TESLA ONLY :D

I didn't see the slow charging issue, are you sure you were on an unshared supercharger? Meaning was there someone on A and you were on B of the same numbered super charger?

Yes, not on a paired charger. Being told there is a charge cable issue. I was in Atascadero today and three chargers all went slow, also the other drivers said the same thing. Also have noticed the air inlet for the charger is on the ground, does not look like it's been cleaned ever. One other note is the connections are full of carbon which can't help for energy transfer. I would encourage people to call the 800 number so they will get tired of the calls. They are tired of hearing from me I think.

Was at this supercharger about 1030 this morning and it was very busy, I believe because of people going to see the spaceX launch at Vandenberg. Also stall 3A was not working.
IMG_4085.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Macbest
I was there on June 25th and there were the usual 8 stalls and no signs of construction.

Where are the 2 new stalls?

Were the 2 new stalls a temporary Supercharger mounted on a pallet?
They must have had the conduit run, one is across from the charger cabinets and then there is one on the other side of the stairs from the last one along the row that was there. Both are drive in so if they are iced you could still charger and just block the car in, a much better option in my book for busy hotels. I'll try and stop by during the day and get a picture.

IMG_7025.JPG
IMG_7026.JPG
They must have had the conduit run, one is across from the charger cabinets and then there is one on the other side of the stairs from the last one along the row that was there. Both are drive in so if they are iced you could still charger and just block the car in, a much better option in my book for busy hotels. I'll try and stop by during the day and get a picture.
Pictures shown. I was there Friday. Both were finished on Friday. They didn't have time to put up the "Tesla only parking" yet. As such you can see a Mercedes SUV parking in the last spot :(
This is half of station 5. The other is across from where the others are (shown with my car at it). These are really seperated from each other (5a and 5b).

So 10 chargers! It's official.

Charged here twice while down here vacationing. Only saw 4-5 cars while there mid-day.

People using this site should be aware that the pairing here is different in that it isn't side-by-side. All five of the "b" stalls are to the right. The five "a"s are to the left including the lone 5a across the parking lot entrance from the road. We were one of two cars charging yesterday, we were in 2b, and saw a Tesla pull in down and away from us near the road. Sure enough he picked 2a thinking no one was near him. Didn't take him long to change stalls to 5a. Spoke with him and he said he was use to the side-by-sides in his travels so hadn't paid attention to the numbering so figured worth mentioning.

image.jpeg

Last edited: