Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buena Park, CA (removed from car nav 31 Aug 2018 but still operational, 8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Used it today at 3pm. All but one space was full when I got there, and by the time I left at 3:30 there were about 5 spaces empty.

Didn't see any spaces coned off anymore, so I guess they're all up to full speed now. I got peak of 300mph charge I think, but admittedly I wasn't in the car to watch as the ice cream truck that was there tempted me out of my car. :D

I almost stopped to "check it out" but decided that it was a waste of time today and I would just be taking up space, as I had 189 rated miles left and was only 6 miles from home.

I'll probably stop by when doing a service thing, but I really would only charge there if I forgot to charge the night before, or had a big LA drive day and was going out again the same evening and needed 60 - 90 quick miles. Since I am on SCE TOU, and they charge a fortune in late afternoon, it makes sense for me to charge there in this scenario.

Stopped by since I was in the vicinity and running on low double digits range-wise. Grabbed the last available spot at 8:35 am (!). The service center didn't open till 9, none of the other cars had drivers inside. I think having this place away from anything has a negative effect of people plugging, then walking to the nearest coffee shop that's quite a bit away. Either that or just parking overnight.

I waited in their service center lounge once it opened. Got a call from Tesla around 9:05 am asking me if I was around the supercharger, they apparently started forcing people out.

I waited in their service center lounge once it opened. Got a call from Tesla around 9:05 am asking me if I was around the supercharger, they apparently started forcing people out.
Really, that is awesome news! I wonder how many other owners have been getting calls.

Hey, I have no issue with anyone walking away to get coffee, shop, whatever, as long as they move their vehicles when done charging.

The conversation went like:

- Hi, this and so-and-so from Tesla. Is your vehicle currently parked at Buena Park Supercharger?
- Yep, and I'm in the lounge area.
- Oh, okay, thank you.

That was with approximately 5 min remaining till 80%.
Thanks. Fascinating (raising right eyebrow). Tesla was monitoring that Supercharger and -- my speculation -- wanted to check to see if your car was being left there unattended overnight.