Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buena Park, CA (removed from car nav 31 Aug 2018 but still operational, 8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dropped off my Model X Sig for some minor fixes.

Got some nice pics of the Supercharger.

gKkXFdS.jpg

CXsi5yD.jpg

dAQgfMO.jpg

Reactions: ggnykk and MikeC
Really?? After several years of installing these someone can screw it up that badly?...
Oh yes they did! Here are two photos taken on Friday July 22 with work being accomplished by a different work crew. Notice how they had to remove some pedestals, knockout the concrete bases as also shown in the photos from @freeewilly above: Supercharger - Buena Park (Under construction, opening July 2016?) and remove all the pavement again.

Compare with the original work photos from a July 15th post from @spentan at this post: Supercharger - Buena Park (Under construction, opening July 2016?)

I will have more to report in the next photo post from Sunday morning on Jul 24th.

IMG_5254.JPG

IMG_5255.JPG

Last edited:
On Sunday July 22nd, I saw more re-work. All the pedestals have been installed correctly in the first photo below.

IMG_5265.JPG

It appears that a massive amount of re-do had to take place since the fence pipes are in different locations and conduits have been added and existing ones moved when compared with an earlier photo.

New Work:
IMG_5271.JPG

Compare the pipes coming out of the concrete above with the earlier work photo below from @spentan that I have cropped below from post: Supercharger - Buena Park (Under construction, opening July 2016?) Notice a single main conduit on the left has been replaced with 4 conduits. It appears all the conduits were moved slightly (or replaced) as they are aligned better and also notice the concrete is newly poured. (Panoramic photo is the reason for the curve.)

Old work:
Electrical Before.jpg

The last photo shows new digging accomplished where most likely the 4 conduits were run from the concrete vault.

IMG_5274.JPG

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: MikeC
Btw Mark you're always welcome to use my photos

I am awaiting a part for my model x Sig which should arrive late next week. When it does I'll be at Buena Park, we'll see if there are any updates.
Thanks! I figured that since your photo was on the same page and I provided name credit and link, you would be okay with that. The comparison of the conduits is much easier when comparisons are shown on the same screen.

After the Design Event on Sunday, I talked to the Tesla personnel about the Superchargers. Some wish the stations were on the west side and the cabinets nearer the electric vault. I agree that the front location is not optimal since parking space is limited for customers.

The oddest error from the first construction company is the excess front parking space when the Superchargers are used. At least it will make it easy for customers to walk around to the front of the charging cars, admire the Tesla vehicles and talk to the owners.

I visited Buena Park today to pick up some accessories and walked around to check out the SC progress. Most of the SC rebuild is complete, but won't be ready for another 2-3 weeks, according to the two people I asked. Here are some pictures to show you how close to complete they are. They are also doing some construction around the Service entrance to make access easier, so there was a lot of construction activity going on, which isn't visible in the pictures.

IMG_3662.JPG
IMG_3663.JPG
IMG_3666.JPG

Just received this this morning (Sunday 7/31) from Tech Support:
Buena Park Chargers are up and running but it is only during business hours. M-F 8-6 Sat- 9-3 and closed on Sundays.
Guess that means there is no way to test it today! I have not heard of this before. Has this happened elsewhere? Did they give you an indication if this is a temporary measure, or a permanent plan? I simply can't imagine that this would be permanent.