Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buena Park, CA (removed from car nav 31 Aug 2018 but still operational, 8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C56F1A8F-E435-47C0-A613-36B9409A2EB9.png
So they really don’t want people to charge here any more. The station is also gone from PlugShare. Funny though that Google maps, which is used by PlugShare still shows the station. But PlugShare itself doesn’t show it any more.

View attachment 336163
So they really don’t want people to charge here any more. The station is also gone from PlugShare. Funny though that Google maps, which is used by PlugShare still shows the station. But PlugShare itself doesn’t show it any more.

Wow....I had not noticed this....but I rarely cared to go to that Service Center or the Supercharger. They should have just left it on plugshare and marked it as restricted. That generally discourages people from trying things because there is available information about the location.

Removing it makes it unclear on whether or not it should be public use or not. From what I was told, Buena Park had a supercharger in the back for its own needs, but I'm sure with the sales Blitz they needed the extra superchargers upfront.

Downey is not a viable alternative for this and will just impact Santa Ana and Fountain Valley locations.

With the sales/production ramps I doubt they will reopen this location and just make us wait until a new location opens up.

I agree, it should be marked as temporary closure or reduced service or something like that. If I'm in desperate need to charge, I do not mind waiting in line.
It's more of a general problem for Tesla. They have to decide if they are going to build as many Superchargers are they need to support the number of cars they are selling or not. Supercharger build out has just barely been keeping up with the sales of Model S/X. Now with the Model 3 being sold in much higher numbers, the Superchargers are overrun very soon. I mean, honestly, we all saw it coming, yet Tesla kept handing out free Supercharging for life.

Last time I charged in Buena Park, half the cars were locals. They'd rather sit in their cars reading the paper, blocking long-distance travelers, so they can save a dollar. Yes, I had to sit and wait, and while waiting went around to talk to some of them. One woman insisted she had the right, insisting Tesla had sold her her car with "free charging, and it's only a mile from your home". Up here, we call that being jerks. This is why most Tesla charging sites are in parking lots off the freeway, NOT IN TOWN.

If Buena Park Tesla owners would add up the costs of driving to and from and sitting doing nothing several times a week or month, they could afford a home 14-50 outlet and charge at home at night. Oh, yeah, it's not "free", is it? This is why Model 3s are now being charged for charging. Thanks, y'all. Maybe Tesla will just put a supercharger in your driveway for you so you don't have to drive clear over to the supercharger.

Free always invites abuse.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
Last time I charged in Buena Park, half the cars were locals. They'd rather sit in their cars reading the paper, blocking long-distance travelers, so they can save a dollar. Yes, I had to sit and wait, and while waiting went around to talk to some of them. One woman insisted she had the right, insisting Tesla had sold her her car with "free charging, and it's only a mile from your home". Up here, we call that being jerks. This is why most Tesla charging sites are in parking lots off the freeway, NOT IN TOWN.

If Buena Park Tesla owners would add up the costs of driving to and from and sitting doing nothing several times a week or month, they could afford a home 14-50 outlet and charge at home at night. Oh, yeah, it's not "free", is it? This is why Model 3s are now being charged for charging. Thanks, y'all. Maybe Tesla will just put a supercharger in your driveway for you so you don't have to drive clear over to the supercharger.

Free always invites abuse.
This post is coming dangerously close to being off-topic :)

• Disagree
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Actually, since it is specifically about someone who lives a mile from the Buena Park Supercharger using that Supercharger to charge her car, it is on topic.

Additional general discussion about “locals charging at Superchargers” will be moved to this thread
For discussing the issue of locals charging at California Superchargers
Come on. Admit it. You like to disagree with me. If I didn't say anything that post would have been swatted to the off-topic forum :)