Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buena Park, CA (removed from car nav 31 Aug 2018 but still operational, 8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received this this morning (Sunday 7/31) from Tech Support:
Buena Park Chargers are up and running but it is only during business hours. M-F 8-6 Sat- 9-3 and closed on Sundays.
Huh? @Moneesh posted just 2 days ago (Friday afternoon) photos that showed incomplete charging pedestals with no cables.

Before I change this thread title, I would like to have confirmation from someone next week that the chargers are operational during business hours.

@Mikeman1, I am not disputing your statement about what Tesla told you. It just seems odd, and I would like know for sure that it is correct.

Huh? @Moneesh posted just 2 days ago (Friday afternoon) photos that showed incomplete charging pedestals with no cables.

Before I change this thread title, I would like to have confirmation from someone next week that the chargers are operational during business hours.

@Mikeman1, I am not disputing your statement about what Tesla told you. It just seems odd, and I would like know for sure that it is correct.
I was out there Friday afternoon. I saw the pedestals, but no cables. Even the pedestals were incomplete - meaning the covers were off, maybe there were doing some internal wiring.

Most likely they are referring to the chargers they use to charge our vehicles in service.

Another option might be a portable Supercharger that was at Buena Park during the grand opening. It was behind the fence on the east side.

Thanks for the updates everyone. Hopefully the Model X will be finished soon (3 weeks) and I can provide some data.

I was at Buena Park today (July 31, 2016) and the SC is not done yet. Sales is open 7 days a week, and as far as the staff knows, the SC will be open 24/7 like all others. So I don't know why they told Mike something different. It is still 2 or so weeks from being done. The staff I spoke with said the new contractor knows what they are doing and is moving very efficiently.

I saw a semi come in with a load of cars. He said he was picking one up and heading to Texas.

That's my white CPO 85 on the street in the background of the attached pictures.

IMG_8594.jpg
IMG_8598.jpg

IMG_8596.jpg

I was here several times last week including Saturday for service on my MS. The SC staff told me that Tesla had to fire a contractor and tear it all up and then basically start from scratch a month ago. On Saturday the stations looked complete and one SC staff member told me they were just waiting for permitting at this point but the supercharger box itself appeared to still be in development to my non-expert eyes. Judging from the speed at which I saw progress from Thursday to Friday to Saturday, I think this will be up and running well before the end of August (likely next week or the week after at the latest).

EDIT: Just read above and saw that the tear up and rework was previously mentioned so this was confirmation I guess.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark Z
If
It makes me wonder what the old contractor did so wrong that the new contractor have to destroy everything, digging up the old pipes and pretty much redo the whole construction. It has to be a major mess-up I bet.
He may have pulled undersized wires in conduit not large enough for bigger wires or placed conduit terminals or station pedestals at wrong locations.