Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buena Park, CA (removed from car nav 31 Aug 2018 but still operational, 8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to charge at Buena Park a week ago prior to a roadtrip and observed a Tesla employee parking his red Model S to charge then collecting his lunch and walking into work wearing a company polo shirt. I can only hope he moved his car after it charged, but I was there for just 30 minutes.

I also saw what appeared to be a Service Center tech get into a Model X that was already there charging and move it over to the service bay side of the building, but this was on the other end of the stalls and there was a car in between so I couldn't quite confirm it. I'm wondering if they're following the practice observed in Dublin where serviced vehicles are being charged quickly there. Has anyone else seen this or had their cars in for service charged there?

Both these events happened between 8:30 am and 9:00 am, so technically prior to the Service Center opening for the day.

I'll be leaving Disneyland Saturday morning with about 30 miles of range left, heading back to the bay area. How busy has the Buena Park supercharger been since the $.40 idle fee?
I can't comment on BP, but Disneyland has about 65 chargers available to use. Just tell them when you pay for parking, they will direct you there. Not free, but definitely worth it. Leave the park with a full charge!

Reactions: davie_100
I can't comment on BP, but Disneyland has about 65 chargers available to use. Just tell them when you pay for parking, they will direct you there. Not free, but definitely worth it. Leave the park with a full charge!

Unfortunately, they haven't bothered to put chargers in their hotel parking lots. So I still like to simply arrive with as full of a charge as I can manage... and not need to immediately charge at the end of the trip.

Hoping this supercharger isn't too bad mid-day tomorrow, since its going to be a likely stop for us.

I'll be leaving Disneyland Saturday morning with about 30 miles of range left, heading back to the bay area. How busy has the Buena Park supercharger been since the $.40 idle fee?
(Moderator note) I would appreciate it if any posts about the Buena Park Supercharger be made in the thread dedicated to that location. That is the best place for them. Thanks.

Had to charge here this afternoon on a road trip because our intended Supercharger (Santa Ana) was showing "reduced service". Full with two cars waiting on arrival. There was a security guard here and I asked him
about the protocol for lining up, But there isn't one apparently. Then we witnessed a verbal altercation between those two drivers who arrived before us as to who had rights to the next open stall with one vehicle physically blocking the other from pulling in. My son emphasized to me that swearing was involved. The staff said they couldn't intervene but eventually another driver who arrived after me, plus the security guard convinced them to play nicely. After that one of the staff sequenced the rest of us to avoid problems.

We only waited about ten minutes. Charging itself was pretty routine. We had a nice conversation with one of the sales staff.

Bruce.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: TaoJones and ggnykk
In stall 1B without no one in 1A

Attachments

• IMG_3999.JPG
    IMG_3999.JPG
    372.3 KB · Views: 92
IMG_4010.JPG
How do you access the restroom and waiting area after hours and Sunday?

A bit slow in stall 2A with no one here.

There is a Tesla charging. Look like it been here overnight and belong to the service center.

Last edited:
Charging here right now. Stalls were full and i was the only one waiting ( i walked around checking cars to make sure). A car pulled out and immediately a tech drove in with a model s. I asked and apparently they "reserve" spots for people in service because it wouldn't be fair to give them a car back with 30%. I never got my car back from service charged. Also there was a dealer plated car in one of the stalls. The employees here were very rude. Acted like i don't know charging etiquette and told me to wait my turn.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Charging here right now. Stalls were full and i was the only one waiting ( i walked around checking cars to make sure). A car pulled out and immediately a tech drove in with a model s. I asked and apparently they "reserve" spots for people in service because it wouldn't be fair to give them a car back with 30%. I never got my car back from service charged. Also there was a dealer plated car in one of the stalls. The employees here were very rude. Acted like i don't know charging etiquette and told me to wait my turn.

It's been busy with service cars for the last couple of days. Their service people won't move cars and they just sit there until someone remembers to come move it. Pretty crappy location to charge.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
This past Friday I was running some errands, I had planned to stop here on my way home to get some juice. I pull in around 4:30pm and every stall is full and there were about 2 people in line. I waited around 10 minutes and pulled into stall 4B, I start charging normally, the car in 4A was already there before I pulled in, so I go inside the dealership, grab a bottle of water and just kind of "hang out" in the showroom as it was around 95°. I pulled in with about 60 miles of charge, 45 minutes passes and I start monitoring my charge rate on my phone and notice that it keeps dropping, going lower and lower. It finally hits 0kw and I wait about 5 more minutes until I ask staff if there was anyone there that monitors the stalls, they say no and that I would have to call the "800" number on the stalls. I go outside to get the number off the stall and the guy parked in 4A is looking at his charge port, unplugging the charger and plugging it back in. I asked if his charging stopped and he says "yes", so at that point I definitely know there is a problem. i finally get someone on the phone and they say they dont see any issues that every stall is being used. So I unplug and re-plug the charger a couple of times and it was the same thing, I get an error message on the display saying "unable to charge, check the charger" so then after about 10 minutes it starts charging again, but then soon after starts dropping again and basically stops charging. There was a guy in another stall that was also having problems, by this time I had charged up to about 140 miles and just left.

Being that it was very hot, every stall was being used, could it be that certain stalls were having issues?

• Informative
Reactions: DDotJ
I have moved a number of posts in this thread about issues with the Buena Park Service Center staff and the service there to a new thread in the California forum at Buena Park Service Center complaints

This thread is specifically for information and issues with the Buena Park Superchargers. I recognize that the Service Center and the Superchargers are located on the same piece of property. But the issues being discussed in those posts were specifically with service, not with the Superchargers. Everyone is welcome to use that new thread for service issues at the Buena Park location.

Thank you.

Reactions: smilepak