Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buffalo, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Xrayangiodoc, you scooped me  I just drove by and took photos, to see you'd already posted! Nice pics as usual...

I try:) The Galaxy S3 still does pretty well.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll try to nose around tomorrow and get more info before I do any end runs. I assume that the delay in the transformer is a bureaucratic snafu caused by inefficient staffing. The idea that someone being on vacation is causing a significant delay in the delivery of pivotal equipment and services for a project that had been in motion since at least last February (with NYSEG) is a sad reflection on the efficiency of NYSEG as an institution. I have no personal experience as a NYSEG customer but I am not encouraged based on what I have read.

Guys, let the people involved here handle this. Chances are that this site will be opened in a few days or a week. They were delayed by weather, and know the transformer needed for months now. They are moving quick now. Everyone chill, and look forward to supercharge in Buffalo from next week on.

Guys, let the people involved here handle this. Chances are that this site will be opened in a few days or a week. They were delayed by weather, and know the transformer needed for months now. They are moving quick now. Everyone chill, and look forward to supercharge in Buffalo from next week on.

Hear, hear!

Most utilities move like glaciers; pushing or pulling does not change their speed much, but eventually they move to install equipment (transformers) to increase their business.

The situation as of Wed. at 1:30 PM: Finishing work being done on the Supercharger stalls. Wiring for the stalls being completed, Rear LED panels and rear bezels installed. Landscaper supposed to be there Thursday. The Install team will be leaving Friday. If NYSEG hasn't delivered the transformer and hooked up power before then they will have to return when NYSEG gets around to doing their part of the job. If things had gone according to plans we could be using the Supercharger by Friday. Looks like we'll be waiting. Among the posted pictures is a shot into the concrete vault on which the transformer will be placed. I imagine that the 2 conduits with the white cords are to pull through cables for the Supercharger power cables. The close-up picture (last one) is from the LED panel!
20150506_134526.jpg
20150506_134542.jpg
20150506_134830.jpg
20150506_135524.jpg
20150506_140149.jpg
20150506_140414.jpg
20150506_140430.jpg
20150506_140537.jpg
20150506_140210.jpg

"Off the record" estimate is for the SC to go live in about a month!!!

You wrote the above on April 15, so that would be about May 15.

Guy claims that we would be charging there in 3 weeks!

Written on April 23, so still consistent with May 15.

The situation as of Wed. at 1:30 PM: Finishing work being done on the Supercharger stalls. Wiring for the stalls being completed, Rear LED panels and rear bezels installed. Landscaper supposed to be there Thursday. The Install team will be leaving Friday. If NYSEG hasn't delivered the transformer and hooked up power before then they will have to return when NYSEG gets around to doing their part of the job. If things had gone according to plans we could be using the Supercharger by Friday. Looks like we'll be waiting.

Friday is May 8th. It would have been great if everything worked out, and the Supercharger opened by Friday, but that would have been a week earlier than the estimated dates you were very excited about just a few weeks ago. It's disappointing that the holdup is now NYSEG, and that the crew will have to come back, but let's keep things in perspective. It's entirely possible that even if NYSEG does not come through in time for this Friday, that they will deliver the transformer and hook up power in time for the Supercharger to be operational by May 15, assuming the team can come back and finish things up. Three weeks ago everyone would have been delighted by that.

At 3:30 PM today all the rented power equipment is gone. All the charger stalls seem complete and are covered in plastic. The hole over the vault for the NYSEG transformer is covered by four 2x4s. Still no enclosure walls. No workers were on site at that time.

20150507_154207.jpg
20150507_154336.jpg
20150507_154359.jpg

We should start a pool to guess the day the SC goes live.

I'll be optimistic and take this Friday, May 8th.

At 3:30 PM today all the rented power equipment is gone. All the charger stalls seem complete and are covered in plastic. The hole over the vault for the NYSEG transformer is covered by four 2x4s. Still no enclosure walls. No workers were on site at that time.

Hmmm...Is it too late to change my optimistic guess in the pool? :)

Once people start putting money in the pool I will call my buddy and get the scheduled date of the NYSEG install so I can win. That's assuming the date exists. Lol. I love the MADE ON EARTH BY HUMANS shot. Engineers are hilarious. The guy probably wishes he worked at SpaceX instead of Tesla.