Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buford, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is not an official entry, probably just something a user added. The official entries are called "Tesla Supercharger" (single) and show the number of stalls. Google are probably getting a feed from Tesla.

View attachment 352434

Nothing was added by or changed by me the user to the screen shots. I used the Google Maps APP searched: "Tesla Supercharger, Buford, GA"
The screen shots were taken then posted. I then typed my directions, that I took every time, I went to see if the TESLA lights were powered yet,

• Funny
Reactions: DWhatley
Nothing was added by or changed by me the user to the screen shots. I used the Google Maps APP searched: "Tesla Supercharger, Buford, GA"
The screen shots were taken then posted. I then typed my directions, that I took every time, I went to see if the TESLA lights were powered yet,

I didn't mean to imply to you is the one who added this entry to Google Maps. I just said that this entry doesn't look like the entries for other superchargers that seem to be fed from Tesla.

Reactions: SKRGO
Patry in Buford today!!
IMG_20181118_163251.jpg

It looks like it is going to be a busy charger. Hopefully that will encourage more farther north in the state.

It will be, few want to stop in Atlantic Station that are travellers, downtown areas are not always preferred. But, its a long run down I85 or I75 to the next one. Would be nice to see another one on the south side (i.e. Newnan or LaGrange for I85 would be nice) to help supplement those choices.

Would be nice to see another one on the south side (i.e. Newnan or LaGrange for I85 would be nice) to help supplement those choices.
I agree but there are a couple around Macon. I am going to Dublin soon so looking for routing - probably staying at the Hampton as it is the ONLY destination charger in the area that I can find and need enough charge to hit Macon on the return.). Where I have real problems is further north, between 75 and Gainesville. We so need a northern 75 -> 85 North corridor with charging.

Just saw my first trailer full of Model 3's that was not at a Sales location.
It was parked in a Lowe's parking lot in Cumming GA.

The location is a bit strange. its not at a location that would be on a route to a store. Its about 12 miles beyond a store.
Its like the driver went home for the weekend and parked the trailer in a local store parking lot.

View attachment 355245

The closest store is Avalon in Alpharetta. To the south of Alpharetta is Atlanta.
Why would you store (even over night) here?
I wonder what the Shortsville Times would pay for a picture of these model 3's.

Attachments

• 3trailer.png
    3trailer.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 60
Question for Tesla and specifically Model 3 owners in the Buford, GA area. I’m looking for a place to get a wheel alignment near Buford and am a bit paranoid about using just any old place b/c I have heard so much about the very specific jack points on Model 3 and that a shop can easily damage the car. Has anyone had a good experience with a local shop you would recommend?

Need a place that is open on Saturday as I travel for business all week just about every week. I would gladly drive to the Alpharetta service center but they are apparently allergic to Saturday service (at least I am unable to schedule anything on a Saturday).

Thanks!

I am planning on buying the lifetime alignment from Firestone (I use the Buford Drive location now that the Gainesville store is gone). I don't believe they have done many (any?) Teslas since they had to look up to see if they could align them when I called back in August but I have my own pucks and plan to show them the lift points (easy to find with your hand).

• Informative
Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Discount Tire does not do alignments, period. I've only purchased tires at Discount Tire for about 15 years and every time, they recommend a local shop for alignments.
Fascinating! Yet I presume they honor tire warranties...so if my car is out of alignment when I show up to buy new tires, they just slap em on there even though a warranty claim is more likely given the alignment issue? That's pretty cool, and also makes me feel like a moron for paying for alignments on so many cars over the years each time I replace the tires! I'm eager to try out Discount Tire; haven't had a need for it quite yet.

Any of you local folks know if the Decatur supercharger is still operational? It is no longer listed on the Tesla page but still on supercharge.info.

Thanks
The issue with that location is that it is in a corner of the Tesla Decatur store and very much subject to being unreachable due to either too much inventory in the way, or the chargers being in use for new deliveries, not to mention the lot being secured after hours. I'd never advise a Tesla owner to rely on this location as being available for charging.

Reactions: Raincloud
I had to use this supercharger twice this weekend and it is one of the worst supercharger designs. You have to be very careful pulling in as to not catch a curb with your tire and also the middle charging spots are very hard to get into due to curb locations. Also, there is a lack of food options. This one needs to be moved.

I had to use this supercharger twice this weekend and it is one of the worst supercharger designs. You have to be very careful pulling in as to not catch a curb with your tire and also the middle charging spots are very hard to get into due to curb locations. Also, there is a lack of food options. This one needs to be moved.
I've been recently and it was also extremely busy at the time forcing stall sharing too. It'd be nice to have more options on I-85 in this area.