Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buford, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was changed about 6 Months or so ago, Decatur is also the same way. They are considered just SC's now. Their "sales" staff was either let go or moved to the "Gallery" locations for sales. I think there is also now a Lenox location. (I could be incorrect about that.) This does not mean that you cant not view the SC's as Galleries but there are technically no sales employees at these locations any longer.

In the same way you have to receive you vehicle from either Marietta or Decatur (SCs) and they limit the other locations to sales only.

I was at the Marietta location yesterday dropping my car off for service (again) and some potential customers came in. They told them they had to go to one of the two sales locations (Avalon and Lenox). I asked if they were still doing deliveries at Marietta, and they said they were trying to move all deliveries to Decatur.

Tesla has applied for a permit for the Buford location at 1705 Mall of Ga Blvd, which looks to be in the Petsmart/DSW/La Madeleine shopping center.
I personally think this is not a good location due to having to sit at a very congested red light to turn left off of 85 with limited dining and some of the worst shopping in the area. I don't understand why they wouldn't place it in or next to the Mall of Georgia, where you can easily take a right at the Mall of Ga Blvd red light quickly and where unlimited dining options are available at all times of the day and night as well as fantastic shopping.... Must have been a price issue...

Here is the permit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180102-211945.jpg
    Screenshot_20180102-211945.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 83
As of 1/10/2017 no change.

Some utility markings may have been remarked. IE some flags look new, but could have been lighting.
Where in the parking lot are these flags? I was up there earlier this week and could not find the particular place where we are trying to keep an eye out for activity. Would love to help with the recon, but haven't seen flags or markings despite driving the perimeter of that shopping center lot. Which store is it closest to, for example. LaMad? PetSmart?

Where in the parking lot are these flags? I was up there earlier this week and could not find the particular place where we are trying to keep an eye out for activity. Would love to help with the recon, but haven't seen flags or markings despite driving the perimeter of that shopping center lot. Which store is it closest to, for example. LaMad? PetSmart?
West of Buford Drive/GA 20, between Burlington Coat Factory and la Madeleine French Café.

Reactions: suwaneedad

Also edge of lot closest to COSTCO. Asphalt is also marked "cut here".

"cut here" is on exit as if you are going to costco.

Reactions: suwaneedad
CAUTION: don't think you're going to waltz in this weekend and get a really good look. In other cities there have been crowds and long lines. I recommend just waiting a couple days.
Go on a weekday if you can. I stopped by Lenox this afternoon around 2:45 and there were several people looking at the 3 but no lines. I sat in the back while a nice gentleman named Charlie sat in the front and we had a great discussion while he played with the touchscreen. We figured several things out on our own which made me feel pretty good about getting one. I was also pleasantly surprised with the roominess of the interior and comfort of the seats.

Reactions: Mike1080i