Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buford, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates?
No.

As of 8:00 the 23rd, the lights are still off. Saw another Tesla there taking pictures, so that was almost eventful. There was a small construction crew across the street burying a cable, but since the power meter has power it's probably unrelated. Still a big pile of fence segments and a semi trailer just sitting nearby.

Side note, anyone usually get here from Supercharger.info by clicking the VLC icon (/s) then clicking discussion? Figure the activity around here would drop since it's been offline.

It would be nice to know when the chargers will go online to make a event meetup out of it :). 2018MX 100D

I've been following the supercharge build out since there were 14 total in the world. I only follow the U.S ones, but I will tell you that this last step, Tesla testing it and flipping it on, is a crapshoot as far as when it will happen. sometimes within a week. Sometimes it take 2 months.

At some point, Tesla will need to update the supercharger map as well. The current location is showing in downtown Buford...not near I85. Also, I went by and checked again last night since I was in the area...no lights.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 11.51.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 11.51.02 AM.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 69
At some point, Tesla will need to update the supercharger map as well. The current location is showing in downtown Buford...not near I85. Also, I went by and checked again last night since I was in the area...no lights.

Tesla's Supercharger map almost always shows "coming soon" superchargers in the geographic center of the city they are coming to. This prevents unwanted attention during construction and also prevents disappointment should Tesla decide to move the supercharger to another location within the city.

Reactions: ChrisC