Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burbank, CA (Service Center, no longer on nav map)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was there Friday..When I got off Freeway I saw another Tesla owner who punched it....Now I know why...he snagged the last spot of Six. I had 90 Miles left so I went down the street to look at the new Volts came back 40 minutes later...All 6 still there. Bad spot in my opinion. The last one is really hard to back up into. May not go back unless I need to. Be warned...

Tesla needs to introduce a fee for being plugged into a supercharger for more than 90 minutes. That gives leeway for coming back to the car after it charges to 100% for those who really need a full charge but would prevent dropping off the car at a supercharger and not being concerned about what time you will return. No one could object to a fee after 90 minutes because a Tesla said free charging, and after 90 minutes Tesla is just providing a parking space, not charging.

Tesla needs to introduce a fee for being plugged into a supercharger for more than 90 minutes. That gives leeway for coming back to the car after it charges to 100% for those who really need a full charge but would prevent dropping off the car at a supercharger and not being concerned about what time you will return. No one could object to a fee after 90 minutes because a Tesla said free charging, and after 90 minutes Tesla is just providing a parking space, not charging.

Actually was there two weeks ago. Pulled in to the last available spot at 7:00pm. I sat in the car for 45 mins ( I think everyone should unless they have to pee to be courteous). During that time I saw two cars who had someone dropped them off to pick up the car. Saw one person drove in the charger and left in a white suv Lincoln.

All of those suspect they went out on a date or some this by the media center. These are the type of ppl who will take up the spots for hours. Very disrespectful to others.

90% of the time when I go charge, I'm within 100 feet of the car to ensure if there is a line, I leave as quickly as I can so other can use. 10% of the time, I had the app alert me of almost complete charge and I return before it complete to move the car.

All of those suspect they went out on a date or some this by the media center. These are the type of ppl who will take up the spots for hours. Very disrespectful to others.

Expected in this area, many residents are very inconsiderate. I often see cars stopped/blocking a narrow street while they chat. Cars will park occupying 2 curbside spaces... Maybe leaving a note will help raise awareness.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there anywhere nearby with an all night or late night restroom?

The SC dude told me that the superchargers will be equipped to provide a code that will open the lounge after hours (not available yet).

I live 3 miles from Burbank SC and will be taking delivery of an 85D in April. I drive by there all the time as I shop at the nearby Trader Joe's. There are routinely 5 or 6 cars charging. It seems obvious they should have built more than 6 at that location. The ones on the west side of LA. have 10 or 12, and Rancho Cucamonga has 10.

I live 3 miles from Burbank SC and will be taking delivery of an 85D in April. I drive by there all the time as I shop at the nearby Trader Joe's. There are routinely 5 or 6 cars charging. It seems obvious they should have built more than 6 at that location. The ones on the west side of LA. have 10 or 12, and Rancho Cucamonga has 10.

It's a general problem with Superchargers at location with shopping and dining options. People will go there because they need to shop and eat anyways so why not go there and charge up for free. I think Burbank gets a lot of use from people who don't need to charge but it's convenient and free.

To be exact, Charging Stalls at these locations:

• Rancho Cucamonga — 12
  • Culver City — 12
  • Hawthorne — 12
  • Redondo Beach — 8

To be exact, Charging Stalls at these locations:

• Rancho Cucamonga — 12
  • Culver City — 12
  • Hawthorne — 12
  • Redondo Beach — 8
Correct. On top of that, the locations that have fewer than 12 are the ones that need it the most:

• Redondo Beach — 8 (seems to get by with this for now, but often close to full)
  • Fountain Valley — 8
  • SJC — 7

6 at Burbank is a ridiculously low number. My guess is that's the best they could do with the situation.

Last edited:
It's really obvious how much more traffic and Model S owners there are in California. I have done many road trips across the country. The only busy SuC are all in California. Everywhere else on my trips outside of Cali I'm usually the only one charging or maybe one or two others. There is so much discussion and emphasis on connecting every part of the country. It sure is, but when it comes to the daily usage, those connecting routes are used very little.

Locals leaving their cars for long periods of time is nothing new, I have witnessed it since Hawthorne first opened & it will continue unless Tesla takes action.
This is an old discussion, but worth bringing up again here. Tesla is not likely to strictly enforce parking (not charging) at most sites as they lease the land and do not want to interfere with the relation between customers and the surrounding businesses. Unlike most SC sites, Tesla has immediate control of Burbank, Hawthorne and Fremont (and maybe a few others of which threads I do not follow). There is no etiquette that would prevent them from putting flyers on violating cars, calling them, revoking access, or even towing (with proper signage of course) in this location.

Burbank is a busy location. Sunday night at 5:30pm there was a line of four cars waiting. Saw one livery service tesla charging as well.
To wit (on that Sunday):
Mine is the deep blue metallic, which was yours @viet?
IMG_6936.jpg
IMG_6937.jpg
IMG_6938.jpg

Yes, like SJC, lots of locals charge there. I've been there twice, and both times I've seen people with blinker on, ready to pull in, see it's full and then continue on. Of course both times I was there, all stalls were full.