Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burbank, CA (Service Center, no longer on nav map)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This charger location is just awful. People parked there and not even charging. Both times I have visited it people were waiting in line to charge.

I spent an hour there and only 2 cars moved out. Did they not start the fee yet for parking after you car is done charging?

This charger location is just awful. People parked there and not even charging. Both times I have visited it people were waiting in line to charge.

I spent an hour there and only 2 cars moved out. Did they not start the fee yet for parking after you car is done charging?

The idle fees are active! So you're saying that there were cars parked in stalls that were not plugged in at all? Thats just terrible.

The idle fees are active! So you're saying that there were cars parked in stalls that were not plugged in at all? Thats just terrible.
They were plugged in but there for at least an hour. No way they would still be charging.

I think tesla will really need to modify their terms and conditions in order to stop abuse. For example these taxi drivers using teslas. They are made for long distance travel not for running your business.

With the model 3 coming out soon I sense chaos

Was there on Sunday morning early and it was a long wait ... I'm just trying to get back to SF from Palm Springs. Turns out, there was a Tesla Social (cool event), but caused a lot of people to plug in who were there for the event only. I saw some come out, move the car from the SC (which is nice), park it, then go back in for the event. In conversations inside, a new Model X owner described his joy of free charging at a his local SoCal supercharger which was next to his grocery store. They could go in for shopping and get free charging at the same time.

He said it with a smile and seemed like a genuine Tesla fan. I just don't think the branding message of "for road trip use" is currently emphasized enough and a lot of people think free charging at the SC is a normal benefit.

Reactions: KJD
A few notes:

1. Nav showed 4 of 6 stalls available for ~30 min leading up to Burbank. When I go there 1 was open. 3 peeps were in their cars, interpret that as you wish.
2. If you're coming from the north (like, the Verdugo exit from the 5), once you turn onto San Fernando stay in the left lane until you pass Ikea Way, which is the light just before Tesla. There's a TON of people clogging up the right lane trying to turn into Ikea.
3. Based on my Googs and my eyes, traffic coming up Alameda and turning left onto San Fernando (up to Ikea Way) is a goat rodeo. Stay on top of your traffic to decide if Alameda or Western is a better exit when coming up from the south.

Just a general comment since I frequently stay at a hotel up the road...overcrowding is still an issue, but not nearly as much as in the long long ago (i.e., the innocent old world that existed before idling fees were instituted). I've not had to wait too long and the service center is great.

Sorry by down you mean...?
There was some issue at the svc so all superchargers were turn3d off. I was started but slow (80 mph) so they and apparently stuff in the svc itself were taken down. I noticed the map showed no info on used or available slots' seemed to come back in a bit more than the hour that was quoted as minimum, but not much thereafter. I'd left' came back now and peaked at 355mph.-key (CIT BS ’78,’79, MS ’79).

Reactions: caltechkid
I'd left' came back now and peaked at 355mph.-key (CIT BS ’78,’79, MS ’79).
I do not understand what you mean by "-key (CIT BS ’78,’79, MS ’79)" but it sounds like you were able to charge at a normal rate.

Suggestion: in the future, when posting about charging rates, use the kW value displayed by the car (you can change the charging rate from mph to kw in Settings) as kW gives a clearer indication of the charging rate.

I do not understand what you mean by "-key (CIT BS ’78,’79, MS ’79)" but it sounds like you were able to charge at a normal rate.

Suggestion: in the future, when posting about charging rates, use the kW value displayed by the car (you can change the charging rate from mph to kw in Settings) as kW gives a clearer indication of the charging rate.

The last part of the post is him just saying he is a fellow Caltech alum, graduated in 1978 with a BS, 1979 with a MS.

I'm tempted to completely write off this location, and/or places like it (small'ish superchargers well positioned for use by locals).

I've been taking advantage of the new in-car realtime supercharger status on this road trip I'm currently on. Right now we're at a hotel about 10 miles away (20+ min drive), without good nearby charging options. Haven't charged since Tejon Ranch so we'll need to top off somewhere before starting on the next leg of this trip.

The Burbank supercharger has shown completely (or nearly) full every single time I check. Around 11am today we left our hotel seeing 3 of 6 available (for once!) and hoping to use some free time to get in a recharge over lunch. Once we got there, it was completely full again with a line. Didn't have time in our schedule to wait it out.

Not sure I want to bother with this place again. Hopefully we'll have better luck at Buena Park when we resume our trip tomorrow.

Reactions: caltechkid