Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burbank, CA - North Third Street (LIVE 14 Sep 2017, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told by the Tesla rep at Burbank that they are going to eliminate the showroom and turn the BSC into service/delivery only. He also shared that they are in the process of installing a large number of superchargers in the Burbank Mall. No projected date of completion as yet.
OK, somebody needs to drive over to that mall STAT and do a serious inspection, looking for any markings, construction work, or any sign of an impending installation.

To be honest, I don't understand my obsession with local superchargers. I would never see a need for me to use one in Burbank. I guess I just love to see the world change before us. What a wonderful time we live in.

was picking up my car from service in Burbank and decided to check Burbank mall. pulled up into East Garage and on top floor found guy working on pedestals for chargers. Confirmed with him that that is indeed going to be supercharger. 20 stalls. 16 stalls along this wall and 4 more on far side.
IMG_20170629_105946.jpg

location is east corner of garage:
Screen Shot.png

If they are pouring concrete for the pedestals, they probably already have the conduit run as well. Next phase would be switching cabinet installation and supercharger cabinet installation, then pedestal installs, then pulling wiring. Presumably this would require its own transformer, so there is some utility work to do.

If they are pouring concrete for the pedestals, they probably already have the conduit run as well.

Look underneath for conduit runs...
Looks like conduits will be behind pedestals not underneath them.

This will be a huge mistake just like Temecula.
With IKEA relocated and SC located in furthest corner of garage hopefully it won't be very crowded. Also people usually don't like to go to top floor, so less ICEing.

Heard a rumor that Tesla is in negotiations to put SC stations in the Americana Mall parking structure, Glendale Ca.
I actually checked Americana parking couple weeks ago. There were no signs of constructions. Americana is paid parking (1h free, 2h with validation), but that's a topic for another thread...

This will be a huge mistake just like Temecula. What is it with Tesla and top flr mall parking structures?

Ummmm....haven't you heard Elon recently say that he wants to convert as many Superchargers as possible to solar...lots of sun on the top floor of a garage...not so much sun in the lower floors. Besides, I'm sure they can add canopies above the charging stalls (and the canopies can house the solar panels).

-Andrew

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett