Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burbank, CA - North Third Street (LIVE 14 Sep 2017, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by earlier tonight to charge around 5:30 and only 5 or so stalls were occupied. By the time we left around 6:30, only a few were free.

Anyone know what the story is with the roped off parking area next to the supercharger area? The ramp heading up on the left hand side just as you pull up to the superchargers

There's a sign that says "authorzied [sic] vehicle parking only" and it was about 1/4 full of Teslas. Some of them had plates but others didn't.

Anyone know what the story is with the roped off parking area next to the supercharger area? The ramp heading up on the left hand side just as you pull up to the superchargers

There's a sign that says "authorzied [sic] vehicle parking only" and it was about 1/4 full of Teslas. Some of them had plates but others didn't.

With the location's proximity to the nearby Tesla Service Center, perhaps they worked a deal to store inventory cars there.

490EA91E-1D54-41C4-BBF1-8C048AF751D9.jpeg 275DB0F4-F131-4E69-B676-DDD86B5CBFD4.jpeg

Oh thank you for Burbank expansion

I visited this new Supercharger for the first time today. Very nice. I also noticed that parking area. There were 10 Teslas parked there, plus two non-Teslas. Photo below. I walked over to take a look. All of them were coated with dirt as if they had been sitting there for weeks. Some had no plates, one had a paper temp plate on the inside of the windshield, and one was clearly brand new with protective white film on the front. Several were obviously used S’s because they had the old style nose.

Appears to me to be a storage area for the nearby Burbank showroom/service center facility. Maybe they are short on parking.

204EB3E1-DC62-4085-89A0-84E5D213F94B.jpeg

I visited this new Supercharger for the first time today. Very nice. I also noticed that parking area. There were 10 Teslas parked there, plus two non-Teslas. Photo below. I walked over to take a look. All of them were coated with dirt as if they had been sitting there for weeks. Some had no plates, one had a paper temp plate on the inside of the windshield, and one was clearly brand new with protective white film on the front. Several were obviously used S’s because they had the old style nose.

Appears to me to be a storage area for the nearby Burbank showroom/service center facility. Maybe they are short on parking.

View attachment 270214
You're correct, that's where the Burbank SC stores overflow and customer cars who aren't ready to pick them up yet.

Stopped by Burbank on December 23rd. Almost full house! As I left there was only one stall free. "Super Saturday" even led to ICE vehicles in the supercharger area which is rare. At least none were taking any of the actual charging stalls.

View attachment 268606 View attachment 268607
I can do better than that! I've always said build it and they will come! First time seeing Burbank 100% full and I saw it in person with 2 people waiting but it was like a 3min wait and then it dropped quickly to 4 and then 6 or 7 stalls empty.

Attachments

• burbank-full.jpg
    burbank-full.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: Mokuzai
If the nav shows it's full, wouldn't it make sense to try out the 'secret' superchargers (the old ones not on the Nav) at the service center down the street?

If Nav shows it's full, I would still check it at place, because it is quickly changing.
Even if it is full it would be faster to wait that drive down the street to old location (unless you have big line waiting)

Tonight I was parking at the first stall with the four parking/ charging stations and found a dirty diaper and trash. Really pisses me off that someone would leave behind that crap. So Freakin disgusting.

On the other hand, there was a grey 3 parked in one of the stalls. Not impressed by it though.

Please people when you see others leaving their trash, call them out and make sure they keep it clean. This is not their house and they can't treat it as such.