Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burbank, CA - North Third Street (LIVE 14 Sep 2017, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Construction update:
Concrete pads for chargers are ready. No other progress.
IMG_20170707_182910.jpg

Reactions: MikeC
Is that ground floor? I thought it is on the top floor?

The picture angle gives an illusion that you can easily touch those 2 street banners from the floor height but in real life, they are too high and you can't reach up to touch those signs from the ground unless the camera is not at a lower height which is in this case: not on ground level but above.

The picture angle gives an illusion that you can easily touch those 2 street banners from the floor height but in real life, they are too high and you can't reach up to touch those signs from the ground unless the camera is not at a lower height which is in this case: not on ground level but above.
Yea, i had to relook at it a few times to realize that. The angle make it seem like it was at ground floor ahahah

Explain a me!! Where will the wires feeding the superchargers come from? Where will the superchargers themselves be placed? Where will the Utility cabinets be located? Will this location need a transformer or two, feeding the utility cabinets? Please photograph the pedestal bases up close. I hate to ask again but is there anything going on underneath (a deck below) these pedestals? I just can't imagine the conduit feeds just lying on the deck behind each pedestal. If I was closer I'd check out myself but I'm just a lil too far away so I'm asking for a lil more details if anyone close can provide them. ...and hey, thanks in advance, appreciate it! Photos, photos let us all roam around the site and try to piece it together.

Where will the wires feeding the superchargers come from
Most likely behind the stalls, just like temecula and las vegas.

Where will the superchargers themselves be placed
those white boxes in the corner are superchargers.

Please photograph the pedestal bases up close
area is fenced off.

I hate to ask again but is there anything going on underneath (a deck below) these pedestals
underneath there is another parking level. I don't think anyone will allow drilling holes in concrete floor.

I just can't imagine the conduit feeds just lying on the deck behind each pedestal
again, check pictures from Temecula and Las Vegas supercharges. (maybe some other supercharges that have similar constructions)

don't know about utility cabinet and transformer(s). AFAIK transformer doesn't need to be very close to superchargers.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
If you look at the pictures from yesterday (7/14) above, there are no conduits connecting the pedestals to the chargers. The charger cabinets don't look like they're permanently situated either. There's still quite a bit of work to do here.
Nobody has yet posted photos of the conduit yet, but if this site is like some other mall locations, the conduit is either behind the wall, or underneath. The conduits are typically run prior to completion of the stalls. Since this project was discovered after the stalls were set, my guess is that we missed it.