Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burbank, CA - North Third Street (LIVE 14 Sep 2017, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GREAT pano picture! Thanks. The SC "Tesla" lights are not illuminated, are we sure the chargers are live? Has anyone successfully charged? The website supercharge.info lists it as open and I want to report accurately on Talking Tesla in the morning. Thanks
See post #176 in this thread, by @Mokuzai stating he charged his car there.

GREAT pano picture! Thanks. The SC "Tesla" lights are not illuminated, are we sure the chargers are live? Has anyone successfully charged? The website supercharge.info lists it as open and I want to report accurately on Talking Tesla in the morning. Thanks

Charged at the new Burbank location yesterday, there was four others charging at the same time.

Received steady 98kW until battery was ~40% then it started to taper.

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Just curious, has it shown up on Tesla's Nav yet? I didn't see it when I checked yesterday morning. If not, then it is likely to get much busier in the next few days.
IMG_9713.JPG
IMG_9714.JPG

Yesterday 9/16 at 4:30 pm. Still not on the official map.

• Informative
Its operational and the valet at the Burbank SC is going up to everyone telling them about the new 20 and that the 6 will be shut down soon (moved to the back actually)..

Anyways, I just charged there a bit ago. Nice solid 114kw startup speed then down to about 91 til about 49% then taper to about 87kw at 71%... About as fast as the new Vacaville we hit on the 2nd day open a few weeks back!

Thanks again Burbank and Tesla for doing this! Much needed!

Its operational and the valet at the Burbank SC is going up to everyone telling them about the new 20 and that the 6 will be shut down soon (moved to the back actually)..

Anyways, I just charged there a bit ago. Nice solid 114kw startup speed then down to about 91 til about 49% then taper to about 87kw at 71%... About as fast as the new Vacaville we hit on the 2nd day open a few weeks back!

Thanks again Burbank and Tesla for doing this! Much needed!

Um, you have a 70D? You say it held 87 kw until 71%? That's a better taper than the 100 kWh...

I tried again right now.. but the handle in 9b got really hot quickly for some reason at 38%.. then I switched over to 10a (in the shade) and the car never got over 41kw at that point. I don't get the whole thing.

I was the only car there, I tried almost every port and still got crap speed after that...

Funny thing was, Burbank on the map was still showing 0 of 6 avail and this is right down the street for them all!!! :eek:

I'll come back on Weds low and see record what happens

Attachments

• 20170918_173124.jpg
    20170918_173124.jpg
    579.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 20170918_173405.jpg
    20170918_173405.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 77
  • 20170918_173646.jpg
    20170918_173646.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 90
I tried again right now.. but the handle in 9b got really hot quickly for some reason at 38%.. then I switched over to 10a (in the shade) and the car never got over 41kw at that point. I don't get the whole thing.

I was the only car there, I tried almost every port and still got crap speed after that...

Funny thing was, Burbank on the map was still showing 0 of 6 avail and this is right down the street for them all!!! :eek:

I'll come back on Weds low and see record what happens

Maybe your battery was hot? Had you just driven a while to get there?

Stopped there Thursday morning early, one other car. As soon as it got close to 9 AM, it started to get busy.
I missed it the first time I drove by, as the nav does not tell you if your destination is on the right or left.
Make sure you look up, you'll see the charger stalls peek back at you from the top of the structure on 3rd street. You may also notice massive electrical conduits on the outside of the parking structure, a clear sign!
Then follow the path that was posted earlier to find the right ramp to go up to the top. I had to double-back as I figured I'd find it easily, I'm a dude, I don't ask for no directions!

I recommend Lily's Cafe on Magnolia: small and friendly and the owner is super nice. Chat her up!
Lily's Cafe
Google Maps