Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burbank, CA (Service Center, no longer on nav map)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This charger is a joke. I make many trips to Burbank from AZ and EVERY time i'm there cars are left that are done charging, chargers don't work and most importantly the ones that do work are far slower (30-50KW) then any other SC I have been too and I have been all across this country using SC's. I have called Tesla a few times and they have done nothing to fix the problem. If you have a busy SC station, at least make sure they always are working and charging at their peak. TESLA, fix this charging station!

We keep having this same discussion. Everyone needs to call and complain. For the life of me, I do not understand why they do not enforce a parking time limit at this location. I am in favor of them at most SC's. though I understand that they may not have control over those, being at shared sites. They have no such excuse here, as they are solely in charge of this location, and have employees on hand at all working hours. Just put up a few 1-hour parking signs, and welcome everyone with a brief advisement that they need to move their cars in 1 hour or risk getting towed. Or, turn the whole place into valet parking only and let them move the cars around. Anything really!

(Disclaimer: I have no vested interest in this site as I am local and will never (hopefully) need it)

We keep having this same discussion. Everyone needs to call and complain. For the life of me, I do not understand why they do not enforce a parking time limit at this location. I am in favor of them at most SC's. though I understand that they may not have control over those, being at shared sites. They have no such excuse here, as they are solely in charge of this location, and have employees on hand at all working hours. Just put up a few 1-hour parking signs, and welcome everyone with a brief advisement that they need to move their cars in 1 hour or risk getting towed. Or, turn the whole place into valet parking only and let them move the cars around. Anything really!

(Disclaimer: I have no vested interest in this site as I am local and will never (hopefully) need it)
Agreed, although 30 minute parking is perhaps more appropriate for a busy supercharger.

Not if it's only charging at 30-50kW it isn't.
Nor is it reasonable if you need enough charge to make it to your next destination. It is based on charge need, not time there. We should not police this aspect. If someone says they need a 100% charge, let's assume that do. Whatever level that may be, when you are done, you promptly move.

I am curious. Will all the complaints about this SC, has anyone here every spoken to the local employees at the service center to get their feedback?

I heard that there will soon be additional Super Chargers at the Burbank Mall. The proposal has been approved and construction should begin soon.
Did you find that out by talking to a Burbank showroom/service center Tesla employee, or from some other source? I hope that information is accurate as more Superchargers there are sorely needed. Thanks.

Did you find that out by talking to a Burbank showroom/service center Tesla employee, or from some other source? I hope that information is accurate as more Superchargers there are sorely needed. Thanks.
SC employee told me when I took delivery. This past weekend. No timetable or exact level they're installing them on but there are supposed to be a good number of super chargers. It makes sense, owners can shop in the mall while charging.

SC employee told me when I took delivery. This past weekend. No timetable or exact level they're installing them on but there are supposed to be a good number of super chargers. It makes sense, owners can shop in the mall while charging.
They better be speed shoppers or have someone stay close to the car to avoid parking fees, the appeal of mall Supercharging has decreased & was never ideal for Roadtrippers anyways, I suppose at the reduced 60KW many of us are experiencing mall charging might be OK for those that still visit malls.