Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burbank, CA (Service Center, no longer on nav map)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a VIP grand opening reception tomorrow night (10/22/15)

Here's the invite link: http://my.teslamotors.com/event/tesla-burbank-grand-opening-vip-reception

And the announcement:

Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 4.25.29 PM.png

A bunch of the TesLA Club will be there tonight and I will join after my Birthday Dinner.
See you there!

Here are some pictures from the ribbon cutting ceremony at the grand opening tonight. The store and service center are open as of tomorrow. Unfortunately, they are still waiting on Burbank Power to approve and wire the SuperChargers. They don't think it will happen before the end of the year.

IMAG1324.jpg
IMAG1325.jpg
IMAG1327.jpg

Service center is open now. Lots of cars in there already:
IMG_0971.JPG

I noticed when I was leaving that the Superchargers were closed. It never occurred to me to ask when they would be open.

Last edited:
Those cars filling the service bay on the night of the Service/Sales Center Grand Opening were all Certified Preowned cars (CPOs) and were P85's and P85+'s. Many a Tesla owner traded in for the newer D's and Ludicrous model. The cars all looked great and are warrantied the same as NEW Teslas! There were many a sweet deal there so I recommended a bunch of friends to go and check them out, they can be driven right off the floor!
IMG_2265.JPG

Those cars filling the service bay on the night of the Service/Sales Center Grand Opening were all Certified Preowned cars (CPOs) and were P85's and P85+'s. Many a Tesla owner traded in for the newer D's and Ludicrous model. The cars all looked great and are warrantied the same as NEW Teslas! There were many a sweet deal there so I recommended a bunch of friends to go and check them out, they can be driven right off the floor!
View attachment 99804

Were these cars not listed on the CPO website?

So true David, it's very sad. IMO Burbank Water and Power is a sorry utility company. One of the issues is that the tax revenue is not generated for the city much like getting the service station is. There are also contractors and suppliers waiting to get paid and close these projects out but are unable due to the incompetence of this jurisdiction. I'm sure TMC would have much preferred to use that capitol elsewhere now knowing they have a completed charging station with no utility power.

I really hope Tesla Energy (Powerwall and Power pack) will have great success and an big negative impact on the power companies. This way they will be forced to finally become competitive, work harder and offer competitive rates. Right now they have no reason to be. If you live in their area, you have no choice but to buy from them.