Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burley, ID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
783821A2-3E08-493F-ACA5-5EBAD2C0C806.jpeg
Burley is definitely convenient. Albeit right on the road. No numbers on the stalls yet.. not sure if they number them. Its a great addition.

Burley is definitely convenient. Albeit right on the road. No numbers on the stalls yet.. not sure if they number them. Its a great addition.
The thin cable suggests to me that this is a V3 Supercharger Station. I believe that V3 Superchargers aren't paired and don't need numbers and letters.

I presume that they have some sort of internal ID and that the Supercharger Station reports the performance of stalls to the Mother Ship nowadays.

I believe that to... however, have been on the phone at a 'dead' SpC and was told they could find no indication of any problem (after trying several - and assuming all were out since the lights on the stalls were out)

Even so.... with no communication to the "Mother Ship", things may still be working - so goes both ways. (When I was at NASA, we assumed the person standing in front of the 'problem' was the best source.)

Hey everyone,
So I’ve been enjoying this charger along with everyone lately, but for some reason I was down there tonight to discover it’s temporarily offline. I hope it’s not too long. I‘lol keep an eye on it and post when I see it back on unless someone beats me to it.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
Hey everyone,
So I’ve been enjoying this charger along with everyone lately, but for some reason I was down there tonight to discover it’s temporarily offline. I hope it’s not too long. I‘lol keep an eye on it and post when I see it back on unless someone beats me to it.
Did you try every stall? It's pretty common for 4 of the 8 stalls to go down shortly after a v3 supercharger opens.

• Informative
Reactions: 3'sterly
No, just one. But when it was up you could hear their fans whirring inside. It was totally silent. Pretty clear the power had been shut down for all of them. No idea why, no vandalism or damage that I could see.
Thanks for the info. I'm still skeptical until someone at least tries one stall from each cabinet. Or shows a night time pic with none of the TESLA lights illuminated. The poster above says it says "temporary closure" in the Nav so that supports the idea that it might be completely down. Unfortunately there have been many superchargers labeled that way recently that have actually had functioning stalls. No idea why they label some of those as "Reduced Service" and others as "Temporary Closure."

Going from Seattle->Park City and back in January. Will be in a Dual Motor Model 3 with roof rack filled with boards and two extra passengers with a ton of gear. Thinking my efficiency will be around 3-400. Seems like I should be fine even with wind and freezing temperatures between Tremonton and Burley. I’m doing as much planning through ABRP and through here but always like hearing more from the community.

Any one have recent or similar leg experience?

Going from Seattle->Park City and back in January. Will be in a Dual Motor Model 3 with roof rack filled with boards and two extra passengers with a ton of gear. Thinking my efficiency will be around 3-400. Seems like I should be fine even with wind and freezing temperatures between Tremonton and Burley. I’m doing as much planning through ABRP and through here but always like hearing more from the community.

Any one have recent or similar leg experience?
Tremonton to Twin Falls would have been a nightmare back in the day, but now that this Burley-Heyburn supercharger is open, you should be fine. Just be sure to charge to 250-300 rated miles in Tremonton to be safe. And look at the weather so you know what you're getting into. It will most certainly be cold, but the wind catches a lot of people off guard so look out for a big headwind or even a big crosswind. And obviously if the driving surface is covered in snow/ice, that would be bad for efficiency. You'll probably get a good idea for what your efficiency is like on the way out. The important thing is to realize that it will probably be far less efficient on the way home due to the wind direction.