Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burley, ID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if you had to guess, what do you think the hold up is on finishing this site ?
There's no point in guessing really. Covid, or any number of things that have delayed other superchargers (utility, contractor, bureaucratic red tape, etc.). I will say that it will be nice to skip Twin Falls. It's a lovely location near the bridge, but I've been there quite a few times and I'm not a fan of the detour.

There's no point in guessing really. Covid, or any number of things that have delayed other superchargers (utility, contractor, bureaucratic red tape, etc.). I will say that it will be nice to skip Twin Falls. It's a lovely location near the bridge, but I've been there quite a few times and I'm not a fan of the detour.
It is a 6 mile round trip off the freeway in Twin so I get that. It’s 160 miles though from the Boise SC to this location so unless you have about 300 miles of range when you leave, especially in the winter, that’s a big hop to make.

Watching this thread with interest! Taking my S60 from Seattle to SLC on June 5-6 and desperately hoping this stop keeps me from having to drive 60mph from Twin Falls to Tremonton!
I wouldn’t hold your breath bud. No movement since the construction phase apparently wrapped up. If you’ve got a CHAdeMO adapter though there’s a charger by the Wayside in Heyburn that’s not too bad to give you some buffer. Just top off in Twin, in this weather you shouldn’t have to go 60. I’ve got a 60D X and it’s a lot easier to do in the summer. Go 60 up the hills, draft a semi going 73 the rest of the time:)

Just top off in Twin, in this weather you shouldn’t have to go 60.
Thanks for the reassurance. I'm going mostly on what "A Better Routeplanner" says plus reading every trip report I can on that leg. I do plan to top off at Twin Falls and start conservatively, playing it by ear. Don't have CHAdeMO but I figure I can patronize the restaurant at the Fairfield destination charger in Burley if I want a little extra cushion.

Not expecting the SC but it would be a nice surprise!

Watching this thread with interest! Taking my S60 from Seattle to SLC on June 5-6 and desperately hoping this stop keeps me from having to drive 60mph from Twin Falls to Tremonton!
That is a brutal leg in an S60. I remember even having to slow down with a fully charged S90 on one of my first Tesla road trips. But that was mid-winter 0F and going 90mph through more than half of the leg before I realized I should slow down and kill the heat. I might have had a headwind too. I was a new driver and didn't pay attention to that kind of thing. This time of year, you will have warmer weather at least, but I would be nervous if it was raining hard or something. You should try to do that leg during daylight hours as well.

I wouldn’t hold your breath bud. No movement since the construction phase apparently wrapped up. If you’ve got a CHAdeMO adapter though there’s a charger by the Wayside in Heyburn that’s not too bad to give you some buffer. Just top off in Twin, in this weather you shouldn’t have to go 60. I’ve got a 60D X and it’s a lot easier to do in the summer. Go 60 up the hills, draft a semi going 73 the rest of the time:)
I agree that drafting would be a good idea for this leg. It's well-traveled by semis and mostly straight. I've found that I get better efficiency drafting a semi at 70mph than I do going 60mph with no drafting. And of course getting there faster is also a huge bonus!

Reactions: upinatem
I've done Twin Falls to Tremonton five times in my S-60. I'd suggest charging to 95-97% in Twin Falls; it is going to take an hour and a half to get that high, at least in my car. Go for a long walk on the path along the Snake River Canyon edge.

Start out at 65 mph or so. If your battery percentage at destination is going up you can increase speed slightly. If percentage at destination is going down, slow down a bit. I usually arrive in Tremonton with 3% to 5% remaining.

My car is down to 179 Rated Miles total battery capacity, so YMMV!

For obvious reasons, I am very much looking forward to the Heyburn Supercharger Station!

I usually arrive in Tremonton with 3% to 5% remaining.

My car is down to 179 Rated Miles
Thanks, both important pieces of information and that's about my strategy. Except instead of "slow down" it's "stop at the destination charger".

"Full" still gets me to 196+. (I say + because sometimes I go 5 miles before it drops.) So hopefully that gives me a bit of cushion!

I think the moral of the story is, know in advance that conservation is a must and don't get surprised.

Update: GigaCam (Idaho’s Fanboy) on Twitter

983DF163-1E84-4C4C-B3A5-E59B0908704C.jpeg

Here are Photos from June 1, 7pm Here's what I see...

Completed Stalls
Completed (exterior) cabinets.
Completed Meter ( reads zeros, but not in this photo)
A de-icing truck deterrent Sign -- BONUS ;-)
Definitely V3 cabling.

All the pedestals are in. From the photos below all that is left should be inspections & sign off.
Looks to be primed & ready to go for Summer.
[Edit: Just remembered to mention that there is a parking lot lamp post base, shown in phots, that has not been assembled yet... could also be cause for delay ]

Wish this V3 SC had been complete ... as a MX 100D towing a 1,500 lb trailer North from the Tremonton SC with a 10-20 headwind is a very tricking operation.
Believe me, I'm just happy I didn't get stranded on i84. Maybe I could have pushed the extra 30+ miles to Twin Falls with 5 miles range left... but...

Special Thanks to the Fairfield Suites Marriott in Burley ID who have 3 EXCELLENT 72A Destination chargers
They saved the day -- and earned my business.

View media item 121401View media item 121400View media item 121399View media item 121398View media item 121397View media item 121396

Last edited:
As I'm headed toward SLC thru there in only 3 days with an S60, I think I'm just going to plan to stop there and patronize their restaurant. Thanks for the endorsement!
The Restraunt is not at the Fairfield.Its over by the Best Western about 1/2 block of a walk. Let us know if it is open.
Perkins Restaurant. The internet says they have opened back up but I always question what is on the internet.

• Funny
Reactions: smartypnz