Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burley, ID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Restraunt is not at the Fairfield.Its over by the Best Western about 1/2 block of a walk. Let us know if it is open.
Perkins Restaurant. The internet says they have opened back up but I always question what is on the internet.

Hi, Perkins is open. I didn't happen to go in, but the locals said it was seating. The only thing to watch is they have an earlier closing time.
Perkins is an easy walking distance from the Fairfield Hotel.
You don't have to cross any major streets to get there. Enjoy the walk... its a super convenient location for foot traffic.

-TechVP

As I'm headed toward SLC thru there in only 3 days with an S60, I think I'm just going to plan to stop there and patronize their restaurant. Thanks for the endorsement!

I talked to the front desk gal who checked me into the Fairfield Suites. She was so nice, and insisted that I didn't _have_ to stay to use they chargers. Even said it twice. She said that they are very flexible and generous about who needs the chargers.
In my opinion, I decided to give them my business -- They earned it in my book.
They welcome Tesla owners to charge. And I would expect a good experience. Plugshare also gives their location a 10/10.

Here is a tip on the new V3 250kW chargers... they are less than 1/4 mile away from the Fairfield Suites Marriott in Burley ID, near by the Walmart.
By that time, try that location too. You may hit the jackpot & have both options. Happy motoring!

-TechVP

I agree that drafting would be a good idea for this leg. It's well-traveled by semis and mostly straight. I've found that I get better efficiency drafting a semi at 70mph than I do going 60mph with no drafting. And of course getting there faster is also a huge bonus!

Semis and really big pickups maybe towing really big trailers! I used this route on my way to AZ in February and made use of a few of these guys because they were going a bit quicker than the semis. I had a pretty wicked cross tailwind too though so there was that. :p

A2F7B8EB-68D0-4058-B1CD-EFFBEC6DC360.jpeg 643A21F8-0C41-4A03-AE22-95A4B5F7E34B.jpeg
Just tried again. Looks all wrapped up except for a light pole with the Tesla charging sign already on it that’s laying on the ground waiting to be mounted. But no juice yet. Hoping my guy gets the inside word so we can be the first to use it!

Glad it's almost ready! Unfortunately, as a Model3 SR+ owner I think I'll have to wait for the Mountain Home supercharger to be built before I can really take advantage of this one - as it is, Twin Falls to Boise is already pushing it. Hope they can get Mountain Home built sooner rather than later...

Glad it's almost ready! Unfortunately, as a Model3 SR+ owner I think I'll have to wait for the Mountain Home supercharger to be built before I can really take advantage of this one - as it is, Twin Falls to Boise is already pushing it. Hope they can get Mountain Home built sooner rather than later...
Twin Falls the other way, all the way across some of the mountains down to Tremonton can be pretty tough, but Twin Falls to Boise is easy, even in your SR+. It's 125 miles and almost totally flat. That is no problem at all and wouldn't even need a full charge.

Twin Falls the other way, all the way across some of the mountains down to Tremonton can be pretty tough, but Twin Falls to Boise is easy, even in your SR+. It's 125 miles and almost totally flat. That is no problem at all and wouldn't even need a full charge.

Having just done Twin to Boise I can say that it takes way more than "125 miles" of stated range. The speed limit between the two is high and if you are having to run AC like we did the whole time I think it was like 200 miles of actual range the trip used up on us.

Reactions: TechVP

Yeah, Twin Falls to Boise is definitely possible, but Heyburn to Boise is too far for a SR+ without driving really slow. So that leaves me doing Tremonton->Twin->Boise even after this one is finished (until they build Mountain Home at least)...

Having just done Twin to Boise I can say that it takes way more than "125 miles" of stated range. The speed limit between the two is high and if you are having to run AC like we did the whole time I think it was like 200 miles of actual range the trip used up on us.
Obviously more than 125 rated miles. But some people have this insistence on going 10 mph over the speed limit, no matter what it is, even here, where it's 80 mph. No one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to do that. I do this leg frequently, and I'm usually doing mid-high 70's, so it is a little under the limit, mainly so that I don't have to spend extra time charging just to do extra speeding.

Yeah, Twin Falls to Boise is definitely possible, but Heyburn to Boise is too far for a SR+ without driving really slow. So that leaves me doing Tremonton->Twin->Boise even after this one is finished (until they build Mountain Home at least)...
Hmm, yeah, a little bit awkward on one side or the other. I don't mind an extra stop or two, like hitting Burley and Twin if they are just going to be shorter 10-15 minute shots. It's a little less convenient than a non-stop, but it enables getting to drive a Tesla, so not a bad tradeoff.

In my range-limited S-60 — about 179 rated miles last I checked — the big advantage of Heyburn is that it requires a slightly shorter charge in Tremonton, rather than an hour and a half to get to the ~97% that I need to get to Twin Falls.

Since the Twin Falls area is the overnight stop on my trips, both eastbound and westbound, I can just charge overnight at an RV park or campground and skip Supercharging for the first leg in the morning. (The Blue Lakes Inn in Twin Falls has a Tesla destination charger but it is rather pricey by my standards.) I've learned the hard way that Supercharging first thing in the morning after a motel stop doesn't work well because it takes a long time for the battery to warm up enough to Supercharge — best to charge the night before if possible, although that's hard to do when rolling in at 10:30 PM after fifteen hours on the road!

In my range-limited S-60 — about 179 rated miles last I checked — the big advantage of Heyburn is that it requires a slightly shorter charge in Tremonton, rather than an hour and a half to get to the ~97% that I need to get to Twin Falls.

So I take it your S60 isn't a software limited 75 battery pack? That's what our X is, and we also have 179 rated at 100%. But luckily since that's a software limit, even when we roll in with 10 miles or less at the charger it's still just 45 minutes or so to 100% since it's actually only charging to 90% of the battery capacity.

Reactions: Tectonic
Hey guys. Hopefully a slightly helpful update. While charging in Twin, I somehow managed to talk to the energy team guy working on all the chargers in the area. He was down to open it today, but he said the electrician dropped the ball (I'm guessing just didn't show up?) . He said he probably isn't making it back for about another 2 weeks.

Hey guys. Hopefully a slightly helpful update. While charging in Twin, I somehow managed to talk to the energy team guy working on all the chargers in the area. He was down to open it today, but he said the electrician dropped the ball (I'm guessing just didn't show up?) . He said he probably isn't making it back for about another 2 weeks.
I'm guessing that means Ontario will likely be delayed just as long until he gets back into town?

I'm guessing that means Ontario will likely be delayed just as long until he gets back into town?
I don't remember exactly where he said he was headed, he said he was working on a lot in the area. He was also headed to Montana at some point. He said somebody tweeted Elon about when a stop was opening (I completely forgot where, it was Oregon or Montana I'm pretty sure) and he said that his boss now had to get a good timeframe to get that open and its now up on the list.