TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Burlington, MA

Discussion in 'New England' started by Jones0812, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Jones0812

Jones0812 Member

Anyone know what the status is of this Supercharger? When will it be active?

2. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

Likely that is the location that is under discussion here as Woburn: Supercharger - Woburn, MA

Tesla isn't that particular about the jurisdictional accuracy of their coming soon pins.

3. Tdreamer

Tdreamer Supporting Member

Actually, there is a good chance this could eventually be at the Burlington Mall. Simon properties was in discussions with Tesla to do so last year but no time table was shared.

• Informative x 2
  4. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

Agreed. Simon properties include the South Shore Plaza which recently installed charging stations. Lets hope if Tesla installs stations at the Burlington Mall they are faster then 72kW.

5. tga

tga Supporting Member

Simon Properties seems to be very pro-EV. Off the top of my head, there are EVgo stations at the Simon malls in Burlington and Marlborough, MA and Nashua and Salem, NH. The Burlington mall is getting an Electrify America station as well.

6. Jones0812

Jones0812 Member

I wonder if they do Burlington Mall if they will put it separate from the current EV chargers. I bet it might be at the former Sears end. That is where all the construction is going on.

The ghetto Target in Burlington would be an OK option.....but the mall makes more sense.

Thinking of Woburn, other than the Woburn Mall (also under construction) not sure a more common place might make sense.

7. CarlSagan

CarlSagan Member

Simon also operates North Shore mall where the new service center just opened. I believe there is an EVgo station there as well.

8. Tdreamer

Tdreamer Supporting Member

I just checked in with Simon on this and they replied saying they didn't have any updates they could share... so it seems unlikely we'll see anything happen in the near term here.