Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For night owls in our group that might charge at the Burlington Mall supercharger... I've noticed that the mall parking lot lights go out - like entirely - after the mall closes. I think around 11pm or so, but I'm not certain - I didn't make note of the time when everything went dark while charging earlier this week. I was there at close to 2am last night after returning from a road trip and once again it was all dark.

After charging I drove over to the security vehicle that was parked in the bus/snow storage lot nearby to inquire... He confirmed they were on a timer. I asked him to relay a request to try to get at least the lights by the supercharger to remain on 7x24 for safety reasons. I was't concerned personally, but I know some travelers might not be comfortable charging just by the red Tesla glow...

Interestingly enough - the security kid I spoke with was a Model 3 owner himself :)

Yea no kidding. When this site went online, I charged at 1am. It was most sketch. Random cars driving by slowly, random backpackers/pedestrians walking through the parking lot, etc. My head was on a swivel.

Probably not a good idea to be at a supercharger at 1am anyways.

Humble request for EV manufacturers to implement an Emergency Eject button. Feel so vulnerable whenever I'm at a charger at night.

I've had the same experiences driving back and forth to Florida at night. Just make sure you use the manual door lock to lock your doors. I stopped at the Burlington SC today for the first time and walked around the mall a bit. Great location, during opening hours. Hopefully they can arrange to have the lights near the chargers on at night as there is nothing else nearby.

I came here to comment that the lights went out at 11:30pm on Saturday, which really felt unsafe. And looking at the recent comments, and this was already the most recent topic of discussion!

Is there anyway to submit feedback to Tesla in the app about charging station issues (Tesla newbie here).

I don't mind the lights going off at 11:30pm, personally. Perhaps we should meet at 11:30 occasionally?
I would definitely consider the area safe (relative to many other superchargers I've visited across the country). But for out of town owners coming through late at night who's cars selected that site to charge at, they might not know that. There are are others who just don't feel comfortable sitting in a dark parking lot anywhere late at night for personal reasons.

I think there should be appropriate lighting by the superchargers that is not tied to the lot timer.

Let Tesla know if this is a concern - I'm not sure if they still officially list a means to reach out to the supercharger team to report concerns.