TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Burlington NJ

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by rlang59, Aug 9, 2017.

1. rlang59

rlang59 Member

I stopped at the Wawa in Burlington right before the Turnpike entrance last night and spotted these being built in the Wawa parking lot adjacent to the Burger King. Haven't seen anything about this site.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Location is here:
    Google Maps

Attached Files:

• Informative x 5
    • Like x 4
    • Love x 1
  2. Cdates

Cdates Member

Cool, thanks

3. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

• Like x 1
  4. jareade

jareade Member

Interesting, great find. I'm guessing this is the location of the proposed Florence, NJ site which is "Coming Soon" on the supercharger map.

5. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Sent email with a link to this thread as well.

6. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Awesome find, it looks very far along as well.

Bit of an odd location, so close to the Hamilton and other NJTPK stations. I'm not complaining though!

7. rlang59

rlang59 Member

That's my guess, this is pretty much on the edge of Burlington and Florence. I'll be interested to see if this ends up a trend with Wawa or a one off.

8. jareade

jareade Member

Well, now that Sheetz has begun adding superchargers (in addition to at least one Wawa in FL), it looks like it may be a trend!

9. ViviV

ViviV Member

Perhaps this Wawa in Mount Laurel NJ will be the location for the planned Mt. Laurel supercharger. It would be a good location. It is near the NJ Turnpike (Exit 4) and 295 with shopping and food nearby.
    upload_2017-8-9_9-18-34.png

10. ArcAngel

ArcAngel Member

This Burlington site is a great one for the PA to NYC trip. It's between the PA Turnpike connector bridge and the NJ Tpke tolls, and literally right off the 130 exit, easy on/off. Those looking for an eastern PA SC near Philly will find this will be the most convenient site around, especially since the King of Prussia site is looking like it might be at the KOP mall, which would be massively inconvenient for pass through travel. I have often gone to this Wawa on my way from the western Philly suburbs to NYC just to get a breakfast sandwich and then charged at Cranberry on the NJ turnpike. Those NJ turnpike sites are now only four stalls so this 8 stall site also bodes well for the coming Model 3 onslaught. All in all this should be a well used site.

11. paulkva

paulkva Member

It'll likely be a nice alternative to Hamilton as well, which can be quite a congested area during peak shopping times. It's 5 minutes off I-295, for days when you want or need to avoid the Turnpike.

Happy to have more options! Maybe too late for most people's summer travel, but yeah, I'd be surprised if it's not ready in time for this coming Thanksgiving. (Never know for sure till it's open, of course.)

12. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Burlington, NJ

Along Interstates: I-95*
    Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-130
    Along Auxiliary Interstates: I-276*, I-295

I-95:
    To: Hamilton Marketplace, NJ - 10.8 miles
    Diversion: 4.7 miles
    To: East Brunswick, NJ - 31.5 miles

Hamilton Marketplace, NJ (US-130): 10.8 miles
    Egg Harbor Township, NJ (US-130,I-295,NJ-42,NJ-ACE,u,NJ-GSP): 75.2 miles
    Newark, DE (US-130,I-276,NJ-T,I-295,I-95): 66.5 miles
    Harrisburg, PA (US-130,I-276,I-76,I-283,I-83): 120 miles
    Allentown, PA (US-130,I-276,I-476,US-22,PA-309): 67.7 miles

* There's an ongoing, large construction project that will finally fully connect I-95 with a new interchange and bridges. The I-95/I-276/NJ-T/I-95 section will all eventually be re-signed as I-95, with what's now I-95 beyond the new interchange being re-signed as I-295.

13. socbrian

socbrian Member

Bit disappointed in the location for this one. Was hoping it would be near the 206 truck stop a bit north. You would cover all three highways, NJT, 295 and 276. However when there is any new super chargers its hard to complain!