Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I just looked at Google Maps and using the actual address of the Supercharger in Burlington, I get 397 km and 4h51 to get to the Albany Supercharger. When going through Plattsburgh, I get 359 km and 3h39. Of course, I don't have an address for a supercharger in Plattsburgh...

So, yes, you are correct that it is much longer but I guess that is the only option for now unless you find a Chademo option along the route and top up enough to get to Albany with a safe margin, same for the trip back to MTL. I'll look into it. For me, with a 70D in winter, the trip direct is problematic. Just got my Chademo yesterday. Got it direct from the Montreal store which sold it to me on par to the US price... Really happy about that. 35% savings!

Have a great day.

Bertrand

Granby , Québec . My dad did the trip last week by passing in west lebanon but he said it was a couple of hours longer

Yeah, that way you better off to pass by the Philipsburg customs... to save some energy you can take the secondary route 139 (always that route when I come back from USA and I go to my parent's house in Shefford)

It's 363 km to Albany SuperCharger (of course you'll have to supercharge at S. Burlington for maybe 15-20 min if it's operational)

If S. Burlington SC isn't operational you can always use the Nissan CHAdeMO station (they are Tesla friendly) at this location

Here is an idea of your trip

Hi,

I just looked at Google Maps and using the actual address of the Supercharger in Burlington, I get 397 km and 4h51 to get to the Albany Supercharger. When going through Plattsburgh, I get 359 km and 3h39. Of course, I don't have an address for a supercharger in Plattsburgh...

The distance from the South Burlington Supercharger to the Albany Supercharger is 145 miles (233km) WITHOUT using the ferry or bridge. Here's how to do it from the Healthy Living Supercharger...

Leave Healthy Living and turn LEFT at the traffic light (Dorset Street)
Proceed south ~5 miles, past the golf course, straight through the 4-way stop with the blinking red light, and turn right at the next 4-way stop (Irish Hill Road).
Irish Hill Road west to the first traffic light and turn left (Route 7)
Route 7 south to Route 22A
Route 22A south to Route 4
Route 4 west to Route 149 (Fort Ann, NY)
Route 149 south to Route 9 (Queensbury, NY)
Route 9 south to I-87 south (entering I-87 at Exit 20)
Activate Tesla Navigation to guide you to the Albany Supercharger

Total Distance: 145 miles (233km)

I've done this drive in my Tesla many times. The first 75 miles are on secondary roads, but you can generally maintain ~55-60mph until you get on I-87 for the last leg. There's usually very little traffic.

When heading North, be certain to get off I-87 at Exit 20. And after Whitehall NY, be sure to get off Route 4 at the exit for Route 22A and turn left. DO NOT take Route 4 all the way to Rutland!

Last edited:
Any updates? This would be a great time to see the South Burlington SC turned on.

Also, thank you Mr. Lockwood for suggesting the 22A route to Burlington and not going all the way to Rutland. Perfect!

I went by Healthy Living around 12-noon today, but the pavement gap had not been addressed yet. However, the plastic fencing was removed from around the parking spaces. I imagine we're just waiting for the paving subcontractor. It's a fairly small amount of work that needs to be done.

Check the Supercharger listing in your car or on Tesla's web site this evening. I think we're getting close.

South Burlington VT Supercharger is LIVE!

Healthy Living - South Burlington is LIVE!

The listing in your car's Navigation app should appear by tomorrow morning, as well as the listing on Tesla's web site. In the meantime, you can navigate to: 222 Dorset Street, South Burlington VT. The Supercharger is not visible from the street. When you pull into Healthy Living's parking lot, proceed straight ahead. The Supercharger is on the east side of the store, to the left of the front entrance.

------------------------

Come visit the award-winning little city of Burlington, Vermont.

• Best place to stay: Hotel Vermont
• Best places to eat: Leunig's Bistro, Hen of the Wood (next-door to Hotel Vermont), Farmhouse, Blue Cat Café, Revolution Kitchen (delicious vegan), plus many others
• Best art gallery: BCA Center
• Best live music venue: Higher Ground
• Best live performance shows: The Flynn Center

Burlington is one hour from both Stowe and Sugarbush ski areas. A great day trip from Burlington is to Woodstock, Vermont, 90-minutes south on I-89. There is another Supercharger a few miles south of the Woodstock exit, at West Lebanon, NH.

DSC_8891Edited.jpg

Last edited:
Indeed! Exciting news. I must say my state of Maine is looking awfully lonely. Entire northeast has made steady progress While not one SC in the largest (though least populated after Vt) of the New England states!

Indeed! Exciting news. I must say my state of Maine is looking awfully lonely. Entire northeast has made steady progress While not one SC in the largest (though least populated after Vt) of the New England states!

I think this build-out priority may have something to do with Maine being a destination, while Vermont largely serves as a thoroughfare to/from Canada. The percentage of Quebec vehicles on I-89 is quite significant, and Montreal is one of Tesla's largest northeast markets. That said, it appears that Maine will be getting at least three Supercharger stations. I'm looking forward to that!

I think this build-out priority may have something to do with Maine being a destination, while Vermont largely serves as a thoroughfare to/from Canada. The percentage of Quebec vehicles on I-89 is quite significant, and Montreal is one of Tesla's largest northeast markets. That said, it appears that Maine will be getting at least three Supercharger stations. I'm looking forward to that!
If that truly were TM's thinking, it would be sad indeed, as 'beyond' Maine lies New Brunswick and that loveliest of all provinces, Nova Scotia.

If that truly were TM's thinking, it would be sad indeed, as 'beyond' Maine lies New Brunswick and that loveliest of all provinces, Nova Scotia.

I think we will see a Supercharger within range of Nova Scotia, but at the moment the priority is to build Superchargers where the most Teslas are being driven. There is currently a similar charging void in the Adirondacks of New York State. These areas are initially being covered by Tesla's Destination Chargers at hotels and resorts. Over the next two years, we should see a lot of these Supercharger gaps getting filled in.

I of all owners am painfully aware of that, Todd. Chickens and eggs create a puzzle indeed...but I keep hearkening back to how Tesla first portrayed SuperChargers: as a means for long-distancetravel. And that ain't bopping around central California and the Los Angeles basin.

Those of us in the peripheries know that we can expect to be last in line; it doesn't make the waiting easier.

The Supercharger icon is displayed in my NAV system for South Burlington, but logically NAV doesn't appear to treat the location as a Supercharger.

It absolutely refuses to route me through South Burlington, no matter what the final destination. For example, for Quebec City to Middlebury, VT it suggests Drummondville as expected, but then a detour in rush-hour traffic to the 2-stall Montreal center before driving straight past South Burlington on the way to Middlebury. This must cost over two hours. If I enter Williston, just to the East of South Burlington, it recommends a long recharge in Drummondville followed by once again not exiting in South Burlington.

Is this normal for new Superchargers which are perhaps not yet fully integrated into the system?

There is another odd behavior that I cannot explain in any context : when selecting the South Burlington site as my final destination, the "Finding Superchargers" hourglass pops up as usual, but then the suggested 379 km route does not include any stops, despite going right through Drummondville. Under trips, the usual option to look for charging stops is not offered. If the vehicle were fully charged, it would be a bit optimistic, but this occurred when I only had 175 km of rated range.

When I select the Cornwall Supercharger, which is +- 2 miles the same distance from me, the system does find Drummondville on the way.

Well, driving north through NJ the Nav still wants you to get off the NJTP and go to Hamilton Marketplace, all the while the new SCs *on* the NJTP are much more convenient and not that far away from HM. It's like the UI knows about all the SCs as routable locations, but the Nav doesn't know to use them as charging stops. yet.