Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a trip we will be doing several times a year and look forward to returning to Healthy Living as part of this trip.

This! I'm actually planning a small trip from north of Montreal to Burlington in 2 weeks. I'm a beer enthusiast and I plan to do the trip mostly to visit the store for their beer selection. Oh yeah, it'll also be a small weekend getaway with the girlfriend. We really like Burlington, it's a really nice place to visit!

Thanks Healthy Living for this, you plugged the gap between Quebec and the East Coast.

This post was in moderation for a bit, so I wanted to make sure everyone saw it:
Hi everyone I'm Eli from Healthy Living Market and Cafe in So. Burlington. We are the hosts of this amazing charger, and I wanted to introduce myself, give contact information, and explain what's happening.

First, thank you to everyone who has been part of this project. Getting this charger built was no easy task. The team at Tesla was amazing, and the guys building it should be commended.

Second, we realize there has been some confusion with the parking, and we are really sorry about it. As with any new intiative or project a business takes on, there is a learning curve and growing pains. We acknowledge we're experiencing those right now, and trust me when I say 'we're on it'. The 'you can park here' signs were put for the holiday rush, because our store is extremely busy. Those signs will come down soon. We are putting up some additional 'EV Parking Only ' signs on 4 of the stalls. Plus, we will instruct our Staff to coach and educate people who park in the spots by accident.

I don't believe anyone maliciously parks in the Supercharger spots. Most people just have no idea what they are, don't care to read signs, or are super busy and not really paying attention.

I understand the need to charge, and the whole reason we installed the chargers was to make you (the Owners) happy, and that's exactly what we intend to do. In no way do we want to turn people off, or turn Tesla's away. That would be counterproductive to the entire mission.

So let's work together on this. If you experience a problem, talk to me or my Staff first, because we are most directly connected to the situation and can make quick change in the moment. We can page owners of cars that are parked in the supercharger spots and ask them to move. We can work with you and for you to make sure you can charge, when you need to charge. Again, we are WITH YOU on this because we believe in the mission of Tesla.

Now, some contact info:
Eli's Direct Phone: 802-863-9111
Eli's Email: [email protected]
Healthy Living Main Number: 802-863-2569 x0

Again, we are WITH YOU. Let's work together on this. We'll get there!

New no-parking signs have been added on the restricted side of the Healthy Living Supercharger station. This appears to have reduced the number of ICE vehicles parked on that side, although there are still some. Eli and I have further plans in the works to help educate Healthy Living customers.

NoParkingSign.jpg

Reactions: toto_48313
New no-parking signs have been added on the restricted side of the Healthy Living Supercharger station. This appears to have reduced the number of ICE vehicles parked on that side, although there are still some. Eli and I have further plans in the works to help educate Healthy Living customers.

Thanks for your efforts, and Healthy Living's efforts. Perhaps off-topic but they need a sign like the lower one in front of the J1772 "tree" charger. It's almost always ICE'd. I don't usually need it but it would be a help to those who do.

• Best place to stay: Hotel Vermont
• Best places to eat: Leunig's Bistro, Hen of the Wood (next-door to Hotel Vermont), Farmhouse, Blue Cat Café, Revolution Kitchen (delicious vegan), plus many others
• Best art gallery: BCA Center
• Best live music venue: Higher Ground
• Best live performance shows: The Flynn Center

Thanks for this info! I booked the night at Hotel Vermont and it's great. Came to the supercharger earlier tonight (around 10:30pm) and as expected, no one was around. Then a second Tesla plugged itself in : guy had a California plate but turns out he's waiting for his CPO so it was a loaner.

I'll visit Burlington a bit tomorrow (well, actually, later today, Saturday). We plan to shop a bit and look around then drive back to Montreal after dinner.

Thanks for this info! I booked the night at Hotel Vermont and it's great. Came to the supercharger earlier tonight (around 10:30pm) and as expected, no one was around. Then a second Tesla plugged itself in : guy had a California plate but turns out he's waiting for his CPO so it was a loaner.

I'll visit Burlington a bit tomorrow (well, actually, later today, Saturday). We plan to shop a bit and look around then drive back to Montreal after dinner.

Glad you're enjoying your weekend in Burlington! It's a fun town. Last night I saw Joe Bonamassa's band perform at the Flynn Theater. I bought my ticket 30-minutes before showtime and got one of the last four seats in the house, just a dozen rows from the stage. Great show!

If you're into beer, some of the many craft breweries in the area offer tours. If you go to the BCA Center on Church Street, be sure to check out the METRO Gallery on the 4th floor. (I came up with the name for it.) METRO specializes in contemporary art from the area, and everything there is for sale.

Thanks for getting the reading, Todd. Looks like 96.6 kW by the volt/amp readings in your photo.

As an FYI for others who do these tests, it's helpful to measure in energy (kW) rather than MPH when testing for a max value because for whatever reason, Tesla provides MPH as an average but energy as an instantaneous reading. So for example if you start charging at 300 mph and get up to 360 mph on a linear taper, the highest reading you get will be 330 mph. The kW reading is always instantaneous though. I don't know why Tesla has this discrepancy based on which unit you set in your preferences, but it's been like this since version 6 or earlier.

Thanks for getting the reading, Todd. Looks like 96.6 kW by the volt/amp readings in your photo.

As an FYI for others who do these tests, it's helpful to measure in energy (kW) rather than MPH when testing for a max value because for whatever reason, Tesla provides MPH as an average but energy as an instantaneous reading. So for example if you start charging at 300 mph and get up to 360 mph on a linear taper, the highest reading you get will be 330 mph. The kW reading is always instantaneous though. I don't know why Tesla has this discrepancy based on which unit you set in your preferences, but it's been like this since version 6 or earlier.
It's been that way since day 1. Miles/hr is an average of the session, kW is instantaneous.

We stopped at the Ben & Jerry's creamery (factory?) last summer. Tried to use the DC Fast Charger there with our CHAdeMO adapter, but it wouldn't work. Plugshare showed many similar reports of failure (perhaps it's fixed by now). One wonders if B&J's sends their MS to the supercharger because the charger they have isn't very reliable.

We stopped at the Ben & Jerry's creamery (factory?) last summer. Tried to use the DC Fast Charger there with our CHAdeMO adapter, but it wouldn't work. Plugshare showed many similar reports of failure (perhaps it's fixed by now). One wonders if B&J's sends their MS to the supercharger because the charger they have isn't very reliable.

Actually, this Model S spends very little time in Vermont. It's been on a climate awareness tour of U.S. towns & cities since last May.

Wanted to give a quick update on the chargers: parking spots have been seal-coated, and the Tesla-only spots have been marked with special line striping. Please feel free to contact me at Healthy Living for any Tesla Supercharger related questions. Thanks! -Eli
Thanks for hosting and the power. I can't fathom why this post would get a dislike...

Reactions: Poison Dart Brew