Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burnaby, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla doesn't typically co-locate Superchargers with showrooms or service centres. The current link for the planned Supersharger in Burnaby shows it near Canada Way at Douglas Road: Find Us | Tesla

Any thoughts whether this is an actual final location or just an approximation?
in the past they've dropped the pin where BURNABY shows up on google maps so maybe it will be somewhere on the new parking lot but it may be way off.

My first apartment was right near that intersection; theres no way a supercharger is going to be built at a 100yr old gas station at poetic as that would be...

Heres a shot of the old Sears that looks like it would be an excellent Sales and or Service location.
TeslaBrentwood.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Vancity-Tes1a
Those waiting can take heart in the fact that Tesla's online map was updated to show that Blaine is active and it STILL lists White Rock as a coming soon location. In the meantime, what's a border crossing or two between friends.

(I saw the smiley, so I got that you were just teasing.)
Well, hopefully, Tesla gets around to White Rock soon because the Surrey-Guilford charger with 12 stalls and 8 more in progress is a very busy location. And the Richmond charger not turned on yet for 2 weeks!? Hopefully, Abbotsford charger also helps with Supercharging tension in the lower mainland.

Well, hopefully, Tesla gets around to White Rock soon because the Surrey-Guilford charger with 12 stalls and 8 more in progress is a very busy location. And the Richmond charger not turned on yet for 2 weeks!? Hopefully, Abbotsford charger also helps with Supercharging tension in the lower mainland.
Abbotsford seems too far afield to have an impact. The superchargers mentioned are being crowded with locals, not road trippers.

What wouldn't be too much of a problem? It sounds like you're disagreeing with something I said, but I'm not sure what.

My comment was on "Crowded locals".

I know there are large number of Tesla owners in lower mainland. I'm not sure how many Tesla owners without Free SuperCharging use SuperChargers regular basis. For me, it's more expensive to use SuperChargers unless I need it for road trip or faster charging.

Do you use it regularly?

My comment was on "Crowded locals".

I know there are large number of Tesla owners in lower mainland. I'm not sure how many Tesla owners without Free SuperCharging use SuperChargers regular basis. For me, it's more expensive to use SuperChargers unless I need it for road trip or faster charging.

Do you use it regularly?
What you are saying is true for you and may be logical for others. That being said, I can guarantee you that many locals are using the superchargers at Surrey (and probably even Tsawwassen). And Richmond will be the same when it opens. I am not a local but I read these forums regularly and I am also well aware of how it is in other metro areas with a similarly high Tesla density.

You have to remember that the Surry one is a urban charger and likely the one will be in Burnaby. These are intended for local use. For all the people that don't have charging at home or live in an apartment. I know for me I rely on public charging and even though there is a lot. There are more and more people with EV's now that more chargers are required. So more superchargers will continue to been in demand. Especially since the Model Y is now being delivered.

This is great news. I’ve been working on the plans for Brentwood Towers for years but no one mentioned that Tesla was moving in. Nice I should see if I can get more details. As fast as the site is moving, I think it will be awhile though for these new chargers. In regards to local owners using the chargers, at the Guildford location which is close to me, it is mostly all Model 3’s. So many are paying I assume. Yesterday I was charging and only saw two older Model S cars. Really wish we could get faster chargers here.

Reactions: fidodido